PDA

View Full Version : Multi player in FS2004

AL
November 24th 03, 04:57 PM
Here is an excerpt from a message I got from Microsoft's support people...

As I understand it, while playing Flight Simulator 2004 you are unable to connect the MSN gaming zone or search for IP games.

Thank you so much for including the dxdiag report with your support request. As you have stated the network tab does indicate a possible corrupt installation of DirectX.

To resolve the issue let us reinstall DirectX. However before we proceed with reinstalling DirectX let us register the dpnet.dll service and see if that works.

Step 1 - Register the dpnet.dll service

1. Click Start, and then click Run
2. In the Open box, type the following lines (one line at a time) and press Enter

"regsvr32 dpnet.dll" (without the quotes). Click OK.

3. You'll get a dialog like this:

RegSvr32
DLLRegisterServer in dpnet.dll succeeded.

4. Click OK.
5. Now, restart the system and start the game. The game should run fine now.

There was much more related to reinstalling DirectX, but since this worked, I thought I'd send out to the group.

--
Al Mills
The second greatest thrill known to man is flying. The first is landing.

Google