PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Discus B or CS Winglets

Ross[_3_]
May 19th 15, 06:40 AM
I am looing for a set of original Schempp-Hirth Discus winglets.
Does anyone have a set lying round not in use?

Cheers

JS
May 19th 15, 05:49 PM
There's a winglet kit for Discus B/CS on the M+H website.
http://mandhsoaring.com/forsale.html
Better than original. Aren't the Maughmer winglets approved mods?
Jim

Ross[_3_]
May 20th 15, 05:11 AM
On Tuesday, 19 May 2015 18:49:20 UTC+2, JS wrote:
> There's a winglet kit for Discus B/CS on the M+H website.
> http://mandhsoaring.com/forsale.html
> Better than original. Aren't the Maughmer winglets approved mods?
> Jim

Hi Jim,

If only it were that easy here.
The only certified winglet is the std winglet. I would happily change if I was legally allowed to do it.
Ross

Dan Marotta
May 20th 15, 02:46 PM
If you're really serious, you might be able to do that using an FAA Form
337.

https://www.faa.gov/forms/index.cfm/go/document.information/documentID/185675

--
Dan Marotta

JS
May 20th 15, 06:13 PM
Sorry to hear that, Ross.
Sounds to me like an FAA 337 won't work.
How about using the barter system with someone who has an original set and would like to upgrade?
Jim

On Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at 9:11:23 PM UTC-7, Ross wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> If only it were that easy here.
> The only certified winglet is the std winglet. I would happily change if I was legally allowed to do it.
> Ross

Ross[_3_]
May 21st 15, 11:01 AM
Hi Dan,

Based in the USA it would be easy enough.
Based in Europe like I am it makes it basically impossible. However the idea to help someone upgrade is a very good idea. Thanks Jim

Steve Leonard[_2_]
May 21st 15, 04:35 PM
On Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 5:01:52 AM UTC-5, Ross wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Based in the USA it would be easy enough.
> Based in Europe like I am it makes it basically impossible. However the idea to help someone upgrade is a very good idea. Thanks Jim

Ross, maybe you could get an inspector that doesn't know the difference and just install the M&H set? :-)

Kevin Neave[_2_]
May 21st 15, 04:53 PM
Or you could live with the fact that you're not losing much in the way of
performance, have a better handicap & use less tape & time to rig in the
morning.

If I was flying in a handicapped comp I would definately fly without the
winglets.

And before you ask, No I won't sell you either of my sets.

Regards

Kevin
G-DJAH
G-KOBH

At 15:35 21 May 2015, Steve Leonard wrote:
>On Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 5:01:52 AM UTC-5, Ross wrote:
>> Hi Dan,
>>
>> Based in the USA it would be easy enough.
>> Based in Europe like I am it makes it basically impossible. However the
>idea to help someone upgrade is a very good idea. Thanks Jim
>
>Ross, maybe you could get an inspector that doesn't know the difference
and
>just install the M&H set? :-)

JS
May 21st 15, 11:58 PM
For those unfamiliar, these must be for the glider with the creative registration:
D-KCUF
Built from a crashed Discus, best to read the registration backwards.

Hey Ross, are you back from NZ?
Hadn't looked at the original sender details!
By the way, my friend who bought the FSG2T is very happy with it.
Jim

June 1st 15, 12:28 AM
On Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at 1:40:35 AM UTC-4, Ross wrote:
> I am looing for a set of original Schempp-Hirth Discus winglets.
> Does anyone have a set lying round not in use?
>
> Cheers

Got a set here in Elmira!

Google