PDA

View Full Version : Enjoying FS2002 PE but have 4 questons for you pros out there

Jay L
December 7th 03, 04:37 AM
I just started using this. Took some flight training ...power and
glider years ago and due to work travel schedule didn't complete
either. Now I want to progress through the training in FS2000 but have
two problems:

1) The documentation keeps referring to the menu Options/Log File and
I can't find anything on that other than a selection box to turn it
on.
When a flight is complete a dialog box comes up where I can record the
flight duration and add a note. It seems pretty silly because the
program doesn't seem to keep track of the time. It reads 0.9 hrs as a
default and I can overwrite it with any value. Very silly.

2) I can't locate any place to register my name as a student pilot.
This would indicate to me that if 5 people were using the sim at
different times all their flights would be logged as the same person.
I can't imaging MS being that oversightful (that one won't spell
check).

3) I can't find the log file that the program creates nor can I find a
reference to it in the online manuals.

4) I find the instructor must bail out or perhaps I put him to sleep.
In lesson 2 practicing turns he got me into the 10 degree left and
then must have bailed. I didn't hear any wind noise when the door
opened or feel a pressure differential but he was definately gone. I
just flew around Puget Sound for awhile, lined up on the runway a few
times and couldn't land ...each time I'd try to decrease power it
would immediately power on again. Eventually I escaped out of that
session. I hope it isn't like that for all of them ...it would be nice
to know when the lesson has concluded.

Hopefully others have experienced and resolved these issues ....I'm
all ears (and possibly guilty of having no eyes and having missed
seeing what I was looking for on these issues).

Looking forward to hearing from someone on this. Otherwise enjoying
the sim immensely so far.

Jay

Google