PDA

View Full Version : Tucson OLC Challenge

Mike the Strike
May 23rd 15, 03:34 PM
Tucson soaring club is hosting an informal OLC challenge over the next week with the goal of setting some personal and perhaps state distance and speed records. We're also trying to outfly our neighboring clubs (that means you Moriarty!)

Sunday 24th promises to be an outstanding soaring day in southern Arizona. I will be reporting back from time-to-time, but also check OLC for daily scores.

Mike

Steve Leonard[_2_]
May 23rd 15, 04:51 PM
On Saturday, May 23, 2015 at 9:35:02 AM UTC-5, Mike the Strike wrote:
> Tucson soaring club is hosting an informal OLC challenge over the next week with the goal of setting some personal and perhaps state distance and speed records. We're also trying to outfly our neighboring clubs (that means you Moriarty!)
>
> Sunday 24th promises to be an outstanding soaring day in southern Arizona. I will be reporting back from time-to-time, but also check OLC for daily scores.
>
> Mike

Have fun, guys! Forecast for Wichita area is rain all weekend. Possibly 1-2 inches here today! Looking for a float kit for my Nimbus. Looking forward to some good OLC postings from those that can get out and fly!

Steve Leonard

Mike the Strike
May 24th 15, 04:04 AM
On Saturday, May 23, 2015 at 8:51:41 AM UTC-7, Steve Leonard wrote:
> On Saturday, May 23, 2015 at 9:35:02 AM UTC-5, Mike the Strike wrote:
> > Tucson soaring club is hosting an informal OLC challenge over the next week with the goal of setting some personal and perhaps state distance and speed records. We're also trying to outfly our neighboring clubs (that means you Moriarty!)
> >
> > Sunday 24th promises to be an outstanding soaring day in southern Arizona. I will be reporting back from time-to-time, but also check OLC for daily scores.
> >
> > Mike
>
> Have fun, guys! Forecast for Wichita area is rain all weekend. Possibly 1-2 inches here today! Looking for a float kit for my Nimbus. Looking forward to some good OLC postings from those that can get out and fly!
>
> Steve Leonard

Well, both Moriarty and El Tiro had good conditions - probably a little better in New Mexico. We had unexpected cumulus, but still some big blue holes and lots of sink. Flights of 300 km to 600 km, not too shabby! We just have to figure out how to slow down Billy Hill!

Mike

Steve Leonard[_2_]
May 24th 15, 04:20 AM
Send him to Kansas. :-) Just under 2 inches of rain in Wichita today. Looks like you are having a good time. Keep going!

Steve Leonard

Google