PDA

View Full Version : Wingrigger Advisory

Mark628CA
May 29th 15, 03:29 PM
Since I took over the production of the popular "Wingrigger" assembly aid, I have shipped over thirty units. I have just been advised by a customer that there may be a slight problem with the locking mechanism on the sliding axle.

The axle runs through a machined sleeve activated by a knob with a pointed screw end that slightly spreads the two ends of the sleeve to secure the sliding action. Apparently, the pointed end of the screw can contact the axle surface without allowing the sleeve to spread. As a result, the axle can still slide, although there is some resistance.

Fortunately, the problem is easily solved by just filing the very tip of the pointed screw on the knob so that the lock sleeve will spread and secure the axle without the point touching the axle. Only 1/16 inch or so has to be removed.

My apologies for this situation. If you have any questions, please contact me through the Wingrigger or MM Fabrication websites.

Google