PDA

View Full Version : Help MS FS04 won't load directx 9.0

Dolby
December 21st 03, 10:00 AM
Please help. I just installed MS Flight Simulator 2004,
but the Direct X 9.0 will not load. I get the message
"The software you installed has not passed Windows Logo
testing to verify its compatiblilty with Windows XP."

I have read that the Cryptographic Services need to be
turned on and running, and mine are.

My System:

Hewlett-Packard Pavillion 520c, Amd Athalon XP 1600+,
1.4 GHz, 512MB sdram, 60GB HD, Windows XP Home edition,
VIA S3 Pro Savage4 video.

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thanks, Dolby

Quilljar
December 21st 03, 04:41 PM
Dolby wrote:
> Please help. I just installed MS Flight Simulator 2004,
> but the Direct X 9.0 will not load. I get the message
> "The software you installed has not passed Windows Logo
> testing to verify its compatiblilty with Windows XP."

Well you know that is not true, so can you not just over-ride it and go
ahead?
Many computer messages are there because a computer is a moron, and cannot
choose an alarm which is not there in its little program.

---

Dolby
December 22nd 03, 06:51 PM
"Quilljar" > wrote in message >...

> Well you know that is not true, so can you not just over-ride it and go
> ahead?
> Many computer messages are there because a computer is a moron, and cannot
> choose an alarm which is not there in its little program.

Would you have any ideas on how to over-ride the system so that
I could go ahead and load DX9? I have no idea where to start.
Would there be a file that could be modified or perhaps deleted?
Thanks, Dolby

> ---

Quilljar
December 22nd 03, 11:39 PM
When that sort of message has come up for me ISTR that I just ignored it and
carried on, it loaded because the message is obviously rubbish; DirectX 9 is
produced by Microsoft to work with its own OS...

---

Dolby
December 23rd 03, 07:53 AM
"Quilljar" > wrote in message >...
> When that sort of message has come up for me ISTR that I just ignored it and
> carried on, it loaded because the message is obviously rubbish; DirectX 9 is
> produced by Microsoft to work with its own OS...

When I proceeded with the installation of Direct X, by ignoring the message,
the installation continued, however, I got another message. This message
stated "Direct X Failed to load all the needed files and will not function
properly." Guess what? It was right it would not work. When I attempted
to start the game, I got yet another message, this one from FS04. "Flight
simulator 2004 can not run because the version of Direct X installed is
incompatible. Please install Direct X 9.0 from disc 1 or download a copy
from microsoft's website." Well I tried this, I spent 30 minutes downloading
a copy from microsoft, and when I attempted to load it, I got the same
message as before, "Direct X failed to load ......." Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
This silly thing is driving me nuts!!! lol

I'm open to any ideas. I eagerly await any suggestions.

Thanks, Dolby

> ---

Quilljar
December 23rd 03, 09:38 AM
Well now you have got me puzzled. Looks like a case for Sherlock Katy
Pluta...

---

Quilljar
December 23rd 03, 09:52 AM
Have you tried asking on simflight.fs2004 ?
or on alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim

---

Bob Dobson
December 23rd 03, 03:58 PM
I had a problem loading direct x too. Solved it by clearing my computer
cache

"Quilljar" > wrote in message
> Have you tried asking on simflight.fs2004 ?
> or on alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim
>

> ---

Bumper7
December 23rd 03, 05:18 PM
'cache' is Netscape talk for 'Temporary Internet Files', I believe.

If that doesn't work, try running the diagnostic in DirectX 8 (or what
ever version that you have installed on your computer).

Good luck,
Bumper7

Bob Dobson wrote:
> I had a problem loading direct x too. Solved it by clearing my computer
> cache
>
> "Quilljar" > wrote in message
>
>>Have you tried asking on simflight.fs2004 ?
>>or on alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim
>>

>>---

Dolby
December 31st 03, 04:33 AM
> 'cache' is Netscape talk for 'Temporary Internet Files', I believe.
>
> If that doesn't work, try running the diagnostic in DirectX 8 (or what
> ever version that you have installed on your computer).
>
> Good luck,
> Bumper7
>
> Bob Dobson wrote:
> > I had a problem loading direct x too. Solved it by clearing my computer
> > cache

I tried clearing the cache and also running the diagnostics program
in Direct x 8.1 on my computer, everything looked ok, but guess what
still will not load all the files for direct x 9.0. It seems to me
that it might have something to do with program installation wizard.
Any ideas. Is it possible to load software without going through the\
wizard? Help. PLEASE

Thanks Dolby

Bumper7
January 5th 04, 06:58 AM
Did you also delete "Temporary Internet Files" (and everything in each
sub folder) and look in the 'Temp' folder to make sure it's empty?

Dolby wrote:
>>'cache' is Netscape talk for 'Temporary Internet Files', I believe.
>>
>>If that doesn't work, try running the diagnostic in DirectX 8 (or what
>>ever version that you have installed on your computer).
>>
>>Good luck,
>>Bumper7
>>
>>Bob Dobson wrote:
>>
>>>I had a problem loading direct x too. Solved it by clearing my computer
>>>cache
>>>

> I tried clearing the cache and also running the diagnostics program
> in Direct x 8.1 on my computer, everything looked ok, but guess what
> still will not load all the files for direct x 9.0. It seems to me
> that it might have something to do with program installation wizard.
> Any ideas. Is it possible to load software without going through the\
> wizard? Help. PLEASE
>
> Thanks Dolby

Google