PDA

View Full Version : Filser Transponder Antenna .......

Ron Gleason
June 5th 15, 10:52 PM
I have to change the transponder antenna on my V2CX to an external one. The choices are minimal and I am looking for feedback on the Filser Transflex-3.

It seems that this antenna is only available in Euopre, no USA vendors list it on their websites.

Are you using this antenna? Does the flexibility prevent damage? Can anyone from Europe recommend the a good place to purchase it online?

Thanks in advance

Ron Gleason

June 5th 15, 11:24 PM
Hi Ron,

The short:
Yes
Yes
http://onlineshop.funkwerk-avionics.com/product_info.php?cPath=170_171&products_id=9&osCsid=a0a2f47374111219f0afcc5ae1b77dc6

The long:
I purchased the Transflex 03 from the online store above who promptly shipped it to the USA. Installed it into a Discus B in accordance with SH's tech note. You'll have to trim the ground plane a little to get it around the hardware in that area. The flexibility was significant. Not just enough to prevent damage in an outlanding but also a freak trailering accident, should one happen. I was very happy with this antenna (only 'was' as the glider has been sold)

CJ

June 6th 15, 01:31 PM
On Friday, June 5, 2015 at 5:52:17 PM UTC-4, Ron Gleason wrote:
> I have to change the transponder antenna on my V2CX to an external one. The choices are minimal and I am looking for feedback on the Filser Transflex-3.
>
> It seems that this antenna is only available in Euopre, no USA vendors list it on their websites.
>
> Are you using this antenna? Does the flexibility prevent damage? Can anyone from Europe recommend the a good place to purchase it online?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Ron Gleason

I've installed this on my Ventus 2CXM and have had it for seven + years. Very happy with it. Functions very well. Also available from Streckenflug.at Placed on the right side of the belly of the fuselage to the side of the wheel well. Tight fit but proper preparation makes the install easy. Flexibility keeps it from being knocked off. I fly in the USA.

Google