PDA

View Full Version : Brake Drum needed for a 1984 Cobra

Nick Kennedy
June 22nd 15, 01:13 AM
I need a brake drum for my 1984 Cobra Trailer, the one with plain bearings, not the sealed bearings. Anybody have one in the parts pile I could purchase?
Wings and Wheels only stocks 1991 and later parts.
Thanks in advance
Nick

Nick Kennedy
June 22nd 15, 05:01 AM
By the way I think the drums may be the same from early years through about
1990 or '91

Paul Villinski
June 24th 15, 05:17 AM
I got one two years ago from John Murray at Eastern Sailplane, for an '89 Cobra with the four-lug hub. Expect he should have them in stock.

June 26th 15, 05:53 PM
On Sunday, June 21, 2015 at 8:13:07 PM UTC-4, Nick Kennedy wrote:
> I need a brake drum for my 1984 Cobra Trailer, the one with plain bearings, not the sealed bearings. Anybody have one in the parts pile I could purchase?
> Wings and Wheels only stocks 1991 and later parts.
> Thanks in advance
> Nick

John Murray at Eastern Sailplane has 4 bolt hub with removable bearings on the shelf.
I looked this morning.
Check with John the week after next.
Good Luck
UH

Nick Kennedy
June 27th 15, 03:29 AM
On Sunday, June 21, 2015 at 6:13:07 PM UTC-6, Nick Kennedy wrote:
> I need a brake drum for my 1984 Cobra Trailer, the one with plain bearings, not the sealed bearings. Anybody have one in the parts pile I could purchase?
> Wings and Wheels only stocks 1991 and later parts.
> Thanks in advance
> Nick

Hello Paul and Hank
Thanks for the heads up with Murray