PDA

View Full Version : Taxiway Signs

Dennis Wyman
December 30th 03, 08:56 AM
Does anyone know how to write taxiway sign? I'm always using the
progressive taxi when I taxi to and from the runways. I feel I'm always
lost in all airports. Thanks, Dennis

Dashi
December 31st 03, 12:51 AM
"Dennis Wyman" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to write taxiway sign? I'm always using the
> progressive taxi when I taxi to and from the runways. I feel I'm always
> lost in all airports. Thanks, Dennis

Try here: www.pouksim.com/

Dashi

Thomas Peel
December 31st 03, 12:13 PM
Dennis Wyman schrieb:

> Does anyone know how to write taxiway sign? I'm always using the
> progressive taxi when I taxi to and from the runways. I feel I'm always
> lost in all airports. Thanks, Dennis

Assuming you mean, how can I add taxiway signs to my default scenery:

Firstly, you will need a scenery designer program. I use Airport
(Freeware), a very fine program written originally by Pascal Meziat.
Then, you need to be able to generate macros for the signs.
There used to be a www.taxiwaysigns.com that had a very clever program
to do this, sadly they stopped their work with the release of FS2004.

Based on their work, I did develop some macros myself, which I could
send to you if you reply to my email address.

Finally, you will need a map of the airport, to know how the taxiways
are designated, and to be realistic, you should know the rules how the
taxiway signs are color coded.

T.

jbarnes0995
December 31st 03, 04:12 PM
The link you gave expects a username and password!!!!!!!!!! Sorry!
Jim

Thomas Peel wrote:

> Dennis Wyman schrieb:
>
>>Does anyone know how to write taxiway sign? I'm always using the
>>progressive taxi when I taxi to and from the runways. I feel I'm always
>>lost in all airports. Thanks, Dennis
>

> Assuming you mean, how can I add taxiway signs to my default scenery:
>
> Firstly, you will need a scenery designer program. I use Airport
> (Freeware), a very fine program written originally by Pascal Meziat.
> Then, you need to be able to generate macros for the signs.
> There used to be a www.taxiwaysigns.com that had a very clever program
> to do this, sadly they stopped their work with the release of FS2004.
>
> Based on their work, I did develop some macros myself, which I could
> send to you if you reply to my email address.
>
> Finally, you will need a map of the airport, to know how the taxiways
> are designated, and to be realistic, you should know the rules how the
> taxiway signs are color coded.
>
> T.

Thomas Peel
January 1st 04, 09:56 PM
jbarnes0995 schrieb:

> The link you gave expects a username and password!!!!!!!!!! Sorry!
> Jim
Exactly. It still exists, but it is no longer accessible.
T.

> Thomas Peel wrote:
> >
> > Dennis Wyman schrieb:
> >
> >>Does anyone know how to write taxiway sign? I'm always using the
> >>progressive taxi when I taxi to and from the runways. I feel I'm always
> >>lost in all airports. Thanks, Dennis
> >

> > Assuming you mean, how can I add taxiway signs to my default scenery:
> >
> > Firstly, you will need a scenery designer program. I use Airport
> > (Freeware), a very fine program written originally by Pascal Meziat.
> > Then, you need to be able to generate macros for the signs.
> > There used to be a www.taxiwaysigns.com that had a very clever program
> > to do this, sadly they stopped their work with the release of FS2004.
> >
> > Based on their work, I did develop some macros myself, which I could
> > send to you if you reply to my email address.
> >
> > Finally, you will need a map of the airport, to know how the taxiways
> > are designated, and to be realistic, you should know the rules how the
> > taxiway signs are color coded.
> >
> > T.

Google