PDA

View Full Version : iGlide -- can't download any map data

Bob Pasker
June 26th 15, 02:58 PM
For some reason, I cannot see any maps to download on SETTINGS> MAP DATA in iGlide (latest version according to Apple App Store).

I wrote to Butterfly and they wrote back: "iGlide is not able to establish an internet connection. Please retry and make sure your iOS device is online an iGlide is allowed to connect to the internet."

I can use my device on the internet with no problem, including browsing the air-avionics.com website using both wifi and cellular, and i have deleted and reinstalled iGlide, and I have rebooted the phone.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

thanks, bob

Sean Fidler
June 27th 15, 05:14 AM
Bob,

I have experienced this issue on rare occasion. Yes, frustrating. Try uninstalling the app and reinstalling. This worked for me. Just be sure to save any important turnpoint/airspace files before uninstalling

Hope this does the trick for you.

Sean
7T

June 27th 15, 05:46 AM
I had the same issue then all of a sudden it worked. Not sure how or why.

glidergeek
June 27th 15, 04:14 PM
On Friday, June 26, 2015 at 6:58:54 AM UTC-7, Bob Pasker wrote:
> For some reason, I cannot see any maps to download on SETTINGS> MAP DATA in iGlide (latest version according to Apple App Store).
>
> I wrote to Butterfly and they wrote back: "iGlide is not able to establish an internet connection. Please retry and make sure your iOS device is online an iGlide is allowed to connect to the internet."
>
> I can use my device on the internet with no problem, including browsing the air-avionics.com website using both wifi and cellular, and i have deleted and reinstalled iGlide, and I have rebooted the phone.
>
> Has anyone else seen this problem?
>
> thanks, bob

Same thing, I waited (walked away took a break) came back forget how long and there it was. I think it just takes a while to populate the data.

BGlider
July 14th 17, 05:46 PM
I stumbled on this old post looking for solutions, having the same problem. So here's a possible solution:

It's not enough that your phone is connected to the internet. Ensure that the internet connection is activated in the iGlide app menu: Settings > Interfaces > internet connection

See also: http://support.air-avionics.com/hc/de/articles/203423383--iGlide-iPilot-FreeFlight-does-not-show-topography-maps-English-

Happy flying!

Google