PDA

View Full Version : Re: Seeing the Northern Lights in FS?

Tlewis95
January 1st 04, 11:20 PM
I saw them on 8/31/2003 at sunset comeing into ancorage right off the western
coast of Alaska, at 38,000 in a 747. For screenshots, just ask!

Trace Lewis age13

Anonymous
January 2nd 04, 09:49 AM
Bernard wrote in message >...
>Hi there,
>
>I know it's possible to see the Northern Lights (or Aurora Borealis) in MS
>Flightsim, but not sure how. I've flown around the northern areas of Alaska
>at around 11pm during Spring and Fall, but no luck.
>
>Any clues going?

They're quite random, unfortunately; it's a really nice effect (but not as
nice as seeing them in real life).

It's more common to see them in Scotland; they're at their nicest normally
below 8,000 ft.

>I can also swear I came across an improvement download somewhere, but have
>been unable to find it again.

It wouldn't surprise me; you can replace damn near everything in that game;
even the sun and the moon!

Cheers
Graeme

Google