PDA

View Full Version : 93 Retrieve

discus277
July 2nd 15, 10:59 PM
Today, at Sports Class Nationals, we had another no fly day. 93 was severely stuck in the Caesar Creek club campground so he arranged a tow out....short video of the event here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMjYuhhhwq4

Jim Price

Bill T
July 3rd 15, 01:19 AM
On smart patient tow operator. Keep the rope low to not damage the RV and pull, not lift.
BillT

discus277
July 3rd 15, 01:36 AM
On Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 5:59:29 PM UTC-4, discus277 wrote:
> Today, at Sports Class Nationals, we had another no fly day. 93 was severely stuck in the Caesar Creek club campground so he arranged a tow out....short video of the event here...
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMjYuhhhwq4
>
> Jim Price

Yes, he knew what he was doing...all here were impressed

Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)
July 3rd 15, 04:05 AM
On Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 5:59:29 PM UTC-4, discus277 wrote:
> Today, at Sports Class Nationals, we had another no fly day. 93 was severely stuck in the Caesar Creek club campground so he arranged a tow out....short video of the event here...
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMjYuhhhwq4
>
> Jim Price

Ummm..... "No fly day at a contest....", everyone is looking for something to do. Figures there were pilots/crew/staff sitting around having a beer and watching someone else with bad luck.... (Yes, I've been one of those sitting around before.... more than once.... whatever entertains....).

So, is the tow truck driver signed off for ground launches?
Does the pilot get his, "Aero launch only" restriction removed?
Was it really that bad onsite today?

Let "Chuck" know "OH" is an ASW-28, not a -27. Also, if it's a "-29" it's an "ASG" not an "ASW".

Thanks for sharing the video though..... farmers must be happy with the rain.....

WB
July 5th 15, 03:42 AM
Actually, Southern Ohio has had way more rain than the farmers want or need.

Regardless, I had a great time at CCSC. Many thanks to all the CCSC'ers involved in putting on the meet.

WB
July 5th 15, 03:49 AM
93 was not the only one who got stuck. Probably more got stuck than did not.. I got stuck twice. First time Dick Echols pulled me out with a tractor. The second time, I dug a hole under the trailer hitch to position a jack ( the van was sunk in the mud so deep that the bumper was nearly touching the ground), jacked up the van and shoveled gravel under the wheels. Got just enough traction to crawl out to firmer ground.

July 8th 15, 08:30 PM
On Saturday, July 4, 2015 at 9:49:49 PM UTC-5, WB wrote:
> 93 was not the only one who got stuck. Probably more got stuck than did not. I got stuck twice. First time Dick Echols pulled me out with a tractor. The second time, I dug a hole under the trailer hitch to position a jack ( the van was sunk in the mud so deep that the bumper was nearly touching the ground), jacked up the van and shoveled gravel under the wheels. Got just enough traction to crawl out to firmer ground.

A couple of years ago at another CC contest I pulled BH out of the mud (uphill) in his 14,000 lb motorhome. Did it with my Mercedes ML 430 SUV without breaking a sweat. Incidentally, that same is car is for sale! Low mileage, perfect shape, all extras. Let me know if you are looking for the perfect tow vehicle! The price is right, too.
Herb, J7

Google