PDA

View Full Version : Video and Memory Card upgrade?

Dave Schwartz
January 2nd 04, 06:59 PM
I have a Dell, with a Pentium 4, 1.6 GHz, 256 MB of RAM and a 64 MB NVIDIA
GeForce 2 MX with TV out video card. I bought FS 2004 and it doesn't seem
great. Should I upgrade the video card and memory, and if so, what would be
your suggestions?

--
Dave Schwartz
Commack, NY

Ed Margel
January 2nd 04, 10:04 PM
Dave, time to upgrade the bus. I suggest at least a Pentium 4 2.6 with 512
mb memory and either a NVIDIA TI-4800 or FX-5900

"Dave Schwartz" > wrote in message
. net...
> I have a Dell, with a Pentium 4, 1.6 GHz, 256 MB of RAM and a 64 MB NVIDIA
> GeForce 2 MX with TV out video card. I bought FS 2004 and it doesn't seem
> great. Should I upgrade the video card and memory, and if so, what would
be
> your suggestions?
>
> --
> Dave Schwartz
> Commack, NY

Bill
January 2nd 04, 10:09 PM
If you are not upgrading the CPU then definitely go to 512RAM and a minimum
Video card of the ATI9600XT or NVIDIA 5700U
Doesn't make much sense going with more expensive video cards with that CPU.
FS2004 is very CPU dependent. Its like trying to get a BMW740 engine into a
Camry :-) (No Toyota flames please they are good cars )

Bill

"Dave Schwartz" > wrote in message
. net...
> I have a Dell, with a Pentium 4, 1.6 GHz, 256 MB of RAM and a 64 MB NVIDIA
> GeForce 2 MX with TV out video card. I bought FS 2004 and it doesn't seem
> great. Should I upgrade the video card and memory, and if so, what would
be
> your suggestions?
>
> --
> Dave Schwartz
> Commack, NY

Quilljar
January 3rd 04, 12:14 PM
Dave Schwartz wrote:
> I have a Dell, with a Pentium 4, 1.6 GHz, 256 MB of RAM and a 64 MB
> NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX with TV out video card. I bought FS 2004 and it
> doesn't seem great. Should I upgrade the video card and memory, and
> if so, what would be your suggestions?

You have a nice computer there Dave, but Flight Simming is near the cutting
edge, and you really need everything upgrading to get any sort of pleasure
from the sim. I was very disappointed when I first began Flight Sims with a
slow computer, but since being able to upgrade to a 2.6 Ghz CPU, 1024 RAM
and a 128Mb video card, it has completely transformed the experience.

It is no use any of us complaining about the Sim's requirements. MS have
only responded to the Simming communities' desires.

---

Google