PDA

View Full Version : 126 bruised a bit at Minden

Sean Fidler
July 9th 15, 03:46 PM
Just saw this: http://www.mynews4.com/news/local/story/See-photo-Rough-weather-forces-gliders-from/80axY87Z0Ui7XDcbYdCGoA.cspx

Glad everyone is OK. There has been some incredible flying going on in this event by these pilots. It's been fun to watch how far they are flying considering it was often difficult in fully watered 18 meter gliders last year! Amazing!

Sincerely,

Sean

Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)
July 9th 15, 04:11 PM
I'm assuming that is a picture while it's being derigged, doubt it's "crash damage" (the wing being off).

It will fly again, glad everyone is fine although maybe a bit sore.

JayM
July 9th 15, 04:38 PM
On Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 8:11:14 AM UTC-7, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
> I'm assuming that is a picture while it's being derigged, doubt it's "crash damage" (the wing being off).
>
> It will fly again, glad everyone is fine although maybe a bit sore.

Doesn't the tail section look "odd" to you. Broke it's back I think.

July 9th 15, 05:27 PM
On Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 11:11:14 AM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
> I'm assuming that is a picture while it's being derigged, doubt it's "crash damage" (the wing being off).
>
> It will fly again, glad everyone is fine although maybe a bit sore.

The fence marks in the leading edge tell a lot of the story.
UH

Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)
July 9th 15, 05:58 PM
On Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 11:38:05 AM UTC-4, JayM wrote:
> On Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 8:11:14 AM UTC-7, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
> > I'm assuming that is a picture while it's being derigged, doubt it's "crash damage" (the wing being off).
> >
> > It will fly again, glad everyone is fine although maybe a bit sore.
>
> Doesn't the tail section look "odd" to you. Broke it's back I think.

Yes, I agree. I was commenting on the wing laying on the ground, does not look like "crash damage", just derigging. The tail area is a "minor fix" compared to doing a spar splice.....

Dave Nadler
July 9th 15, 08:57 PM
On Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 12:27:23 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 11:11:14 AM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
> > I'm assuming that is a picture while it's being derigged, doubt it's "crash damage" (the wing being off).
> >
> > It will fly again, glad everyone is fine although maybe a bit sore.
>
> The fence marks in the leading edge tell a lot of the story.
> UH

Priorities gents! "The glider caused minor damage to a fence."

Steve Leonard[_2_]
July 9th 15, 10:03 PM
On Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 2:57:40 PM UTC-5, Dave Nadler wrote:

> Priorities gents! "The glider caused minor damage to a fence."

The 1-26 puffs up and says "Yeah, but you should see what I did to that fence." As it gets loaded onto the trailer/stretcher.

John Godfrey (QT)[_2_]
July 10th 15, 01:29 PM
On Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 5:03:58 PM UTC-4, Steve Leonard wrote:
> On Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 2:57:40 PM UTC-5, Dave Nadler wrote:
> >
> > Priorities gents! "The glider caused minor damage to a fence."
>
> The 1-26 puffs up and says "Yeah, but you should see what I did to that fence." As it gets loaded onto the trailer/stretcher.

"one making an emergency landing on the Silver Springs Airport runway"
I love the press.

Papa3[_2_]
July 10th 15, 01:53 PM
On Friday, July 10, 2015 at 8:29:11 AM UTC-4, John Godfrey (QT) wrote:

> "one making an emergency landing on the Silver Springs Airport runway"
> I love the press.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2iIq3zaP6k

Google