PDA

View Full Version : Definitions needed..

Doug
January 13th 04, 11:20 PM
Hi, I am thinking about downloading some freeware scenery/airport
enhancements for FS2002 for my area of Vancouver Canada and British
Columbia. There doesn't seem to be any commercial packages available
but there are freeware packages that I have found in the AVsim website
files area. They are supposed to improve the scenery for the entire
province plus update many airports. After reading the descriptions I
am wondering what some of these mean: Fraser Valey LANDCLASS?; AFCAD
FILES?; LOD7 MESH?; Lennarts TEXTURES?. It's all Greek to me!

Doug

Steph
January 14th 04, 07:40 AM
"Doug" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi, I am thinking about downloading some freeware scenery/airport
> enhancements for FS2002 for my area of Vancouver Canada and British
> Columbia. There doesn't seem to be any commercial packages available
> but there are freeware packages that I have found in the AVsim website
> files area. They are supposed to improve the scenery for the entire
> province plus update many airports. After reading the descriptions I
> am wondering what some of these mean: Fraser Valey LANDCLASS?; AFCAD
> FILES?; LOD7 MESH?; Lennarts TEXTURES?. It's all Greek to me!
>
> Doug

Try FSgenesis.
They are commercial, but there are wonderful (and automatically installing)
meshes for Canada, US and Europe.
Vancouver Island 38m mesh is free at the moment!

Tom Gibson
January 14th 04, 05:49 PM
Steph wrote:
>Fraser Valey LANDCLASS?;

Landclass files tell FS where to put the different ground textures, to
make cities, suburbs, farms, forests, etc. Addon files make this
placement more accurate.

>AFCAD
>FILES?;

AFCAD is a program that will add parking spots to your airport (for more
AI aircraft parking), and for FS2004 actually change the airport
visually (runways, taxiways, aprons, ILS's, etc.).

>LOD7 MESH?;

Mesh files will add more detail to the physical shape of mountains, etc.

>Lennarts TEXTURES?.

Lennart created some new ground textures (that will be placed with the
new landclass files) that some people find an improvement over the
default FS ones.

Hope this helps,
--
Tom Gibson