PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Card

Shiver
January 19th 04, 04:32 AM
1) What graphic card do you recommend for Flight Sim 2004?

2) Will going from ME to XP make my graphics any better?

3) What would I need to get the best graphics from Flight Sim?

Peter Duniho
January 19th 04, 06:34 AM
"Shiver" > wrote in message
m...
> 1) What graphic card do you recommend for Flight Sim 2004?

Any recently released one.

> 2) Will going from ME to XP make my graphics any better?

Most likely not, though there's a theoretical possibility of minor driver
differences that might affect graphic quality between the two operating
systems. However, switching to XP will make your computer a lot more
stable.

> 3) What would I need to get the best graphics from Flight Sim?

The best graphics card and the fastest computer (CPU, hard drive, memory,
etc.). What that is exactly changes several times a year.

Pete

John Hall
January 19th 04, 08:00 PM
In addition to the this, I would recommend an ATI graphics adapter, either a
9600 or 9800 series card. They are completely Direct X 9 compliant in
hardware, and since FS2004 is a direct X 9 Sim, FS will look and run the
best on this hardware. Unfortunately Nvidia video cards currently have
hardware issues with DX 9 and are being redesigned I understand.

JK

"Peter Duniho" > wrote in message
> "Shiver" > wrote in message
> m...
> > 1) What graphic card do you recommend for Flight Sim 2004?
>
> Any recently released one.
>
> > 2) Will going from ME to XP make my graphics any better?
>
> Most likely not, though there's a theoretical possibility of minor driver
> differences that might affect graphic quality between the two operating
> systems. However, switching to XP will make your computer a lot more
> stable.
>
> > 3) What would I need to get the best graphics from Flight Sim?
>
> The best graphics card and the fastest computer (CPU, hard drive, memory,
> etc.). What that is exactly changes several times a year.
>
> Pete

DOK
January 29th 04, 06:01 PM
Is a 9600 or 9800 better than a 9700 which i own now?

MDAMSTEL

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:00:25 GMT, "John Hall" >
wrote:

>In addition to the this, I would recommend an ATI graphics adapter, either a
>9600 or 9800 series card. They are completely Direct X 9 compliant in
>hardware, and since FS2004 is a direct X 9 Sim, FS will look and run the
>best on this hardware. Unfortunately Nvidia video cards currently have
>hardware issues with DX 9 and are being redesigned I understand.
>
>JK
>
>"Peter Duniho" > wrote in message
>> "Shiver" > wrote in message
>> m...
>> > 1) What graphic card do you recommend for Flight Sim 2004?
>>
>> Any recently released one.
>>
>> > 2) Will going from ME to XP make my graphics any better?
>>
>> Most likely not, though there's a theoretical possibility of minor driver
>> differences that might affect graphic quality between the two operating
>> systems. However, switching to XP will make your computer a lot more
>> stable.
>>
>> > 3) What would I need to get the best graphics from Flight Sim?
>>
>> The best graphics card and the fastest computer (CPU, hard drive, memory,
>> etc.). What that is exactly changes several times a year.
>>
>> Pete

John Hall
January 29th 04, 08:55 PM
The 9800 is better than a 9700 but not so much that it is worth an upgrade.
Wait for the next generation of video cards. The 9700 is DX 9 compliant and
is great for FS9.

JK

"DOK" <DOKK@> wrote in message
> Is a 9600 or 9800 better than a 9700 which i own now?
>
> MDAMSTEL
>

> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:00:25 GMT, "John Hall" >
> wrote:
>
> >In addition to the this, I would recommend an ATI graphics adapter,
either a
> >9600 or 9800 series card. They are completely Direct X 9 compliant in
> >hardware, and since FS2004 is a direct X 9 Sim, FS will look and run the
> >best on this hardware. Unfortunately Nvidia video cards currently have
> >hardware issues with DX 9 and are being redesigned I understand.
> >
> >JK
> >
> >"Peter Duniho" > wrote in message
> >> "Shiver" > wrote in message
> >> m...
> >>
> >> Any recently released one.

> >> Most likely not, though there's a theoretical possibility of minor
driver
> >> differences that might affect graphic quality between the two operating
> >> systems. However, switching to XP will make your computer a lot more
> >> stable.

> >> The best graphics card and the fastest computer (CPU, hard drive,
memory,
> >> etc.). What that is exactly changes several times a year.
> >>
> >> Pete

DOK
January 29th 04, 09:05 PM
Thanks, i will wait then.

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:55:26 GMT, "John Hall" >
wrote:

>The 9800 is better than a 9700 but not so much that it is worth an upgrade.
>Wait for the next generation of video cards. The 9700 is DX 9 compliant and
>is great for FS9.
>
>JK
>
>"DOK" <DOKK@> wrote in message
>> Is a 9600 or 9800 better than a 9700 which i own now?
>>
>> MDAMSTEL
>>

>> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:00:25 GMT, "John Hall" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >In addition to the this, I would recommend an ATI graphics adapter,
>either a
>> >9600 or 9800 series card. They are completely Direct X 9 compliant in
>> >hardware, and since FS2004 is a direct X 9 Sim, FS will look and run the
>> >best on this hardware. Unfortunately Nvidia video cards currently have
>> >hardware issues with DX 9 and are being redesigned I understand.
>> >
>> >JK

>driver

>memory,

Google