PDA

View Full Version : Inreach not working with glideport.aero

joesimmers[_2_]
September 15th 15, 06:02 PM
My inreach has been working for the past year just fine displaying my trace onto
glideport.aero.

I noticed about a month ago my traces are no longer showing up on there.

I know my inreach is sending out tracks I can logon to the
website and see them on the map.

Any idea what could have caused this?

Thanks, Joe

Dan Daly[_2_]
September 15th 15, 10:17 PM
On Tuesday, September 15, 2015 at 1:02:19 PM UTC-4, joesimmers wrote:
> My inreach has been working for the past year just fine displaying my trace onto
> glideport.aero.
>
> I noticed about a month ago my traces are no longer showing up on there.
>
> I know my inreach is sending out tracks I can logon to the
> website and see them on the map.
>
> Any idea what could have caused this?
>
> Thanks, Joe

My SPOT - same thing. I re-registered at glideport and all is good now.

joesimmers[_2_]
September 15th 15, 11:30 PM
Thanks Dan, did you have to delete your existing account first?

September 16th 15, 02:29 AM
On Tuesday, September 15, 2015 at 4:30:28 PM UTC-6, joesimmers wrote:
> Thanks Dan, did you have to delete your existing account first?

You shouldn't have to delete your account.

Login to GlidePort, goto "Settings" > "Tracking". Check to see if your inReach device is listed on that page. If not, add it. You could delete all entries and add your inreach URL again to be sure.

DISCLOSURE : I have never used inReach with GlidePort, only my IGCDroid app, but it should work the same.

Alan

September 17th 15, 04:14 AM
Well, this is really weird... On the day of the dust devil dash, my inReach did not show up on glideport.aero, so my wife ended up using my APRS. The delorme website sux on an iPhone, so she didn't even try there.

At the end of the day, I confirmed that my track was not on glideport. After seeing this thread, I logged in and whaddayaknow, there was a link to my Mountain Valley flight on the 12th. I click on it and now see it on the map with the other tracked flights on that day. Guess I need to ping Pedja about this.

And wow! It shows me getting up to 22,000'!! Looking at my IGC file for that time, I'm only at 14K.

5Z

joesimmers[_2_]
September 17th 15, 12:26 PM
I reentered my mapshare link in the "tracking" of the glideport website.

There was no change to it, I entered exact same info that I first deleted.

That has fixed it, does not make sense why since there was no change, Just
posting this to help anyone else with same issues!

Greg Delp
September 17th 15, 01:29 PM
On Tuesday, September 15, 2015 at 1:02:19 PM UTC-4, joesimmers wrote:
> My inreach has been working for the past year just fine displaying my trace onto
> glideport.aero.
>
> I noticed about a month ago my traces are no longer showing up on there.
>
> I know my inreach is sending out tracks I can logon to the
> website and see them on the map.
>
> Any idea what could have caused this?
>
> Thanks, Joe

I had a day a few weeks back that I flew and my wife couldn't track me using the direct link to my Delorme map share page. So there may have been an issue(s) with the Delorme side of the equation. After refreshing the browser page after I got home it came right up.

Google