PDA

View Full Version : Fly II and R9800pro

McCrack
February 1st 04, 11:46 PM
I can't get FlyII working correctly with my 9800pro. The textures keep
flashing. Anyone know a fix? I have the sim patched to the latest.

Ed Medlin
February 2nd 04, 11:58 AM
On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 15:46:08 -0800, McCrack wrote:

> I can't get FlyII working correctly with my 9800pro. The textures keep
> flashing. Anyone know a fix? I have the sim patched to the latest.

Some legacy games just don't do well with the later ATI cards because of
the driver coding. If (I don't remember if Fly2 supports it) you can run
it in OpenGL instead of D3D it might help a lot. Take a look in the
graphics/hardware setup and see if OpenGL is an option.

Ed

McCrack
February 3rd 04, 10:42 PM
On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 11:58:11 GMT, Ed Medlin > wrote:

>Some legacy games just don't do well with the later ATI cards because of
>the driver coding. If (I don't remember if Fly2 supports it) you can run
>it in OpenGL instead of D3D it might help a lot. Take a look in the
>graphics/hardware setup and see if OpenGL is an option.
>
>Ed

Thx. I already found the fix in the Avsim forums. Had to change
"vertexIndexFormat=0" from 1 in the render.ini file. All's fine now.

Google