PDA

View Full Version : L-23 tailwheel assembly - factory says 6 months for replacement

November 11th 15, 03:20 AM
Does anyone have any experience repairing the tailwheel on a Blanik L-23?

Ours failed, and it appears that it had been repaired before, so with all the cracks, etc., it doesn't look easily repairable. Photos available here:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/soar5z/LJnfXW

Apparently Vitek ay Blanik America just got a response from the factory and not only do they not have a price, but will need 6 months to manufacture the part(s). And we've been waiting almost 2 months to get this answer.

How about modifying for a fixed wheel?

-Tom

November 11th 15, 07:36 AM
I was hoping not to read something like that because I'm about to try sourcing some parts for our L-23 from the new TC holder and was hoping for better results than we used to get (i.e. no help whatsoever).

I may be able to get a look at a wrecked L-23 the club used to own this week. I'll let you know if that part on it looks like it might be worth salvaging.

son_of_flubber
November 11th 15, 01:59 PM
A non-standard tailwheel on a Blanik is mentioned in this NTSB report.

http://www.ntsb.gov/_layouts/ntsb.aviation/brief.aspx?ev_id=20001208X06614&key=1&queryId=f2eeafea-8b0d-4f3a-b471-223776c6ea8d&pgno=1&pgsize=50

November 14th 15, 05:07 AM
I checked our wrecked L-23 and unfortunately the tailwheel fixture you need is damaged on ours too. Sorry I couldn't help.

Google