PDA

View Full Version : Thermal Camp at Air Sailing June 10-14

Larry Suter
January 5th 16, 03:32 AM
The 22nd Annual Thermal Camp will take place at Air Sailing Gliderport June 2-6, 2014. The Camp includes daily morning ground school sessions and a full afternoon of flying to practice techniques for thermalling your glider efficiently and safely.

This five-day camp is intended for new, beginner, or intermediate-level soaring enthusiasts who want to:
Develop and sharpen their thermalling and soaring skills
Learn efficient thermalling and soaring techniques
Gain the confidence to advance and enhance their thermalling and soaring abilities without increasing their risk-level.

Further information on the camp can be found at

http://www.airsailing.org/thermalcamp2016.html

Larry

Bob Pasker
January 6th 16, 01:15 PM
I went in 2015, and it was an amazing experience. I had less than 10 hours of XC before going, and left with silver altitude and more confidence that I deserved. The coursework, the flying, the camaraderie were all beyond expectation. Highly recommended. --b

On Monday, January 4, 2016 at 10:32:40 PM UTC-5, Larry Suter wrote:
> The 22nd Annual Thermal Camp will take place at Air Sailing Gliderport June 2-6, 2014. The Camp includes daily morning ground school sessions and a full afternoon of flying to practice techniques for thermalling your glider efficiently and safely.
>
> This five-day camp is intended for new, beginner, or intermediate-level soaring enthusiasts who want to:
> Develop and sharpen their thermalling and soaring skills
> Learn efficient thermalling and soaring techniques
> Gain the confidence to advance and enhance their thermalling and soaring abilities without increasing their risk-level.
>
> Further information on the camp can be found at
>
> http://www.airsailing.org/thermalcamp2016.html
>
> Larry

Casey[_2_]
January 6th 16, 05:38 PM
Wow, 22nd Annual.

I little far for me to travel, but I looked at the web site and syllabus.

Casey

January 7th 16, 08:21 PM
On Monday, January 4, 2016 at 7:32:40 PM UTC-8, Larry Suter wrote:
> The 22nd Annual Thermal Camp will take place at Air Sailing Gliderport June 2-6, 2014.
> Larry

Larry, I'm confused about the dates of the thermal camp. The subject of your posting says June 10-14, the body of your post says June 2-6 (2014!), and the website says June 6-10. Which is it?

Google