PDA

View Full Version : Tube & Fabric A&P in MD/DE area?

Larry Schuler
May 24th 04, 04:36 PM
Hi,
I'm looking for recommendations on either shops that do fabric
replacement & painting, or maybe a pointer to an A&P who is willing to
work with me to recover and paint a Citabria in the eastern-MD/DE area.

Shops in PA/VA will also be considered.

Any pointers?????

TIA,

--Larry

jls
May 24th 04, 05:17 PM
"Larry Schuler" > wrote in message
> Hi,
> I'm looking for recommendations on either shops that do fabric
> replacement & painting, or maybe a pointer to an A&P who is willing to
> work with me to recover and paint a Citabria in the eastern-MD/DE area.
>
> Shops in PA/VA will also be considered.
>
> Any pointers?????
>
> TIA,
>
> --Larry

For what you are about to do, I am truly envious. Get the Polyfiber
manual, read it, and do it yourself. You would be surprised how easy it is
to do, and how fun. Labor intensive, though, and you have to be a
perfectionist and a slave to the manual.

Imho, most A&P's don't know how to do fabric work. One of the A&P's who
used to be a hangout RAH doesn't know beans about it though he claims to.

Don't trust any "authority" on fabric until you see the work he's done.

Rob Cherney
May 24th 04, 07:10 PM
On Mon, 24 May 2004 11:36:10 -0400, Larry Schuler
> wrote:

> I'm looking for recommendations on either shops that do fabric
>replacement & painting, or maybe a pointer to an A&P who is willing to
>work with me to recover and paint a Citabria in the eastern-MD/DE area.

Dick Kreis (410-465-4599) has a business that specializes in fabric
covering/painting. It's at Haysfield (MD24) in Maryland. Don't
forget to file that ADIZ flight plan; MD24 is under the TFR.

Rob-
Robert Cherney e-mail: cherney(at)comcast(dot)net

G.R. Patterson III
May 25th 04, 01:46 AM
Larry Schuler wrote:

> I'm looking for recommendations on either shops that do fabric
> replacement & painting, or maybe a pointer to an A&P who is willing to
> work with me to recover and paint a Citabria in the eastern-MD/DE area.

There used to be a good man at Ridgely Airpark (1N0) near Easton, MD. Dunno if he's
still there.

George Patterson
I childproofed my house, but they *still* get in.

nauga
May 25th 04, 02:18 AM
George Patterson wrote:

> There used to be a good man at Ridgely Airpark (1N0) near Easton, MD.
Dunno if he's
> still there.

Maybe the Marines finally found him. <g>

Dave 'unfettered by progress' Hyde

john price
May 25th 04, 02:21 AM
Tony Markl is right in that neighborhood... Check his web page
http://www.intercom.net/~markl/

John Price
CFII/AGI/IGI
http://home.att.net/~jm.price

"Larry Schuler" > wrote in message
> Hi,
> I'm looking for recommendations on either shops that do fabric
> replacement & painting, or maybe a pointer to an A&P who is willing to
> work with me to recover and paint a Citabria in the eastern-MD/DE area.
>
> Shops in PA/VA will also be considered.
>
> Any pointers?????
>
> TIA,
>
> --Larry