PDA

View Full Version : Check Ride in FS2002

John Storey
September 4th 04, 10:50 AM
I keep trying to take the check ride for my Private Pilot's Licence in
FS2002 but, despite being told that I will have two chances at the steep
turn, I'm told that I have to go back to Ground School before I'm half way
through the turn. The lesson then terminates. Any ideas, anybody?

John

Erik Beauchesne
September 4th 04, 03:01 PM
John,

the instructor tells you to check for other airplanes to your left and
right. If you don't check both ways before doing the steep turn, your
checkride will end.

To do so press the 4 and 6 keys on the numeric keypad before you start to
turn.

Erik

"John Storey" > a écrit dans le message de
> I keep trying to take the check ride for my Private Pilot's Licence in
> FS2002 but, despite being told that I will have two chances at the steep
> turn, I'm told that I have to go back to Ground School before I'm half way
> through the turn. The lesson then terminates. Any ideas, anybody?
>
> John

---
Virus Free.

John Storey
September 5th 04, 03:49 PM
"Erik Beauchesne" > wrote in message
.. .
> John,
>
> the instructor tells you to check for other airplanes to your left and
> right. If you don't check both ways before doing the steep turn, your
> checkride will end.
>
> To do so press the 4 and 6 keys on the numeric keypad before you start to
> turn.
>
> Erik

Thanks Erik, Tried that but still same result - swift exit.

John

Erik Beauchesne
September 5th 04, 09:50 PM
John,

the steep turn is a 45 degree bank turn, if you don't turn exactly on a 45
degree bank the checkride will end as well.

I did this checkride in FS2002 and FS2004 and succeded. There are also the
speed that must remain at 100 Knots and altitude that must be stable as
well.

Hope this will help you to complete this checkride.

Erik

"John Storey" > a écrit dans le message de

> "Erik Beauchesne" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > John,
> >
> > the instructor tells you to check for other airplanes to your left and
> > right. If you don't check both ways before doing the steep turn, your
> > checkride will end.
> >
> > To do so press the 4 and 6 keys on the numeric keypad before you start
> > turn.
> >
> > Erik
> >
> Thanks Erik, Tried that but still same result - swift exit.
>
> John

---
Virus Free.

John Storey
September 8th 04, 07:05 PM
"Erik Beauchesne" > wrote in message
> John,
>
> the steep turn is a 45 degree bank turn, if you don't turn exactly on a 45
> degree bank the checkride will end as well.
>
> I did this checkride in FS2002 and FS2004 and succeded. There are also the
> speed that must remain at 100 Knots and altitude that must be stable as
> well.
>
> Hope this will help you to complete this checkride.
>
> Erik
>
> "John Storey" > a écrit dans le message de
> >
> > "Erik Beauchesne" > wrote in message
> > .. .
> > > John,
> > >
> > > the instructor tells you to check for other airplanes to your left and
> > > right. If you don't check both ways before doing the steep turn, your
> > > checkride will end.
> > >
> > > To do so press the 4 and 6 keys on the numeric keypad before you start
> > > turn.
> > >
> > > Erik
> > >
> > Thanks Erik, Tried that but still same result - swift exit.
> >
> > John
> >

> ---
> Virus Free.

Thanks again, Erik
I obviously need to go back and practice my steep turns.
John

Ishrat Zahid
September 11th 04, 07:45 AM
Not sure about the FS, but I recall my actual PP checkride and FAA wants
you not to have +/- 100 feet drop
during steep turns...make sure that you roll out at the heading you
started at...

/Nadeem

John Storey wrote:

>I keep trying to take the check ride for my Private Pilot's Licence in
>FS2002 but, despite being told that I will have two chances at the steep
>turn, I'm told that I have to go back to Ground School before I'm half way
>through the turn. The lesson then terminates. Any ideas, anybody?
>
>John

John Storey
September 11th 04, 06:54 PM
Thanks Nadeem
I'm currently practicing steep turns until I can keep within that sort of
parameter.
John

"Ishrat Zahid" > wrote in message
> Not sure about the FS, but I recall my actual PP checkride and FAA wants
> you not to have +/- 100 feet drop
> during steep turns...make sure that you roll out at the heading you
> started at...
>
> /Nadeem
>
> John Storey wrote:
>
> >I keep trying to take the check ride for my Private Pilot's Licence in
> >FS2002 but, despite being told that I will have two chances at the steep
> >turn, I'm told that I have to go back to Ground School before I'm half
way
> >through the turn. The lesson then terminates. Any ideas, anybody?
> >
> >John

Google