PDA

View Full Version : UK2 XP346 Westland WhirlwindHAR10 2010-05 Marston JackKandaPhoto.jpg

Joseph Testagrose
September 18th 15, 01:54 PM

September 19th 15, 09:57 PM
The poor thing needs rescuing itself. Kind of looks like a H34 does it not?

Andrew Chaplin
September 20th 15, 09:25 AM
wrote in
:

> The poor thing needs rescuing itself. Kind of looks like a H34 does it
> not?

Westland licence-built Sikorsky H-19s as Whirlwind, H-34s as Wessex and SH-3
as Sea King and Commando.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

September 22nd 15, 05:53 AM
Thanks for the info.

RiŠardo
September 22nd 15, 10:29 AM
On 9/22/2015 5:53 AM, wrote:
> Thanks for the info.

Hi Patricia,

Here's some background information on the Westland company which may be
of interest. I live a few miles from what was their Weston-super-Mare
site, in the South West of England, and there's many locally who worked,
or had family who worked for the company.

http://www.helis.com/timeline/westland.php

RiŠardo

--
Moving Things In Still Pictures