R-4360 engine run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6kjHHV-SJU

Jim Breckenridge[_2_]
September 21st 15, 10:40 PM
On 2015-09-21 1:56 PM, Byker wrote:
> C-124 with one engine still running a day after the crash
>
> It pranged at Cambridge Bay, NWT, Canada (CYCB) during the construction of
> the DEW Line in 1955. No fatalities. The wreckage was bulldozed out onto
> the
> sea ice afterwards and sank in the spring. I wonder how much power that
> R-4360 was making?
>
> R-4360 engine run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6kjHHV-SJU

Spent 14 months and 8 days on the DEW line in 66 - 67 (Pin Main Cape
Parry) I can add a bit of trivia Cambridge bay Dew Line site was Cam
Main. We had a C46 crash - well lost a landing gear and they found
another one and brought it up and made a working C46 out of the two -
I'll look in the files to see if I have any images.

Byker
September 21st 15, 10:54 PM
"Jim Breckenridge" wrote in message ...

> We had a C46 crash - well lost a landing gear and they found another one
> and brought it up and made a working C46 out of the two - I'll look in the
> files to see if I have any images.

The subarctic must be a treasure trove of written-off hulls

Google