PDA

View Full Version : Re: SSA Return to Kitty Hawk Link

Tom Serkowski
July 9th 03, 04:51 PM
We had a schedule to adhere to, just like any other soaring contest.
My observation was that if we had the opportunity to to sit around for
4-5 days at each site waiting for good weather, it may have been
possible to soar most of the way.

I second DJ's comments about it all being worth it, though. Lots of
fun, did plenty (but never enough) of soaring, and met some great
folks along the way.

Thanks to the Payne's, Murray's and others who helped make this all
work.

Tom Serkowski
ASH-26E

"Al" > wrote in message >...
> And driving.
>
> Its a cross country sailplane trailer race with the odd spot of flying
> thrown in for good measure.

John Morgan
July 9th 03, 05:17 PM
And I'm sure many of use were glad you did it, vicariously followed you
along, wished we were there too, were glad we weren't 'cause of the crappy
weather, and were sorry we didn't see more (read any) coverage on TV.

--
bumper >
"Dare to be different . . . circle in sink."

"Tom Serkowski" > wrote in message
om...
> We had a schedule to adhere to, just like any other soaring contest.
> My observation was that if we had the opportunity to to sit around for
> 4-5 days at each site waiting for good weather, it may have been
> possible to soar most of the way.
>
> I second DJ's comments about it all being worth it, though. Lots of
> fun, did plenty (but never enough) of soaring, and met some great
> folks along the way.
>
> Thanks to the Payne's, Murray's and others who helped make this all
> work.
>
> Tom Serkowski
> ASH-26E
>
> "Al" > wrote in message
> > And driving.
> >
> > Its a cross country sailplane trailer race with the odd spot of flying
> > thrown in for good measure.

---

Mark James Boyd
July 9th 03, 07:10 PM
I was most impressed by the variety of soaring conditions
I read about during your flights. Never getting
above 3000 feet for some of your flights was an eye-opener for me.
That would be interesting!

And watching William Gawthrop from Avenal go across
the country was amazing (shameless plug). All of you may have
done more for soaring with this race than all the
paid advertising FBO's have done this year.

The whole idea is inspired. Kudos to you all.

Google