PDA

View Full Version : GROB 102

Vorsanger1
July 11th 03, 03:35 AM
Looking for brake pads for the G-102

Does anyone out there know where one can find them? The US distributor says
they are no longer available. Are they available somewhere in Europe, Germany
perhaps ?

Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks

Charles

wsburhen
July 11th 03, 06:34 PM
"John H. Campbell" > wrote in message >...
> >Looking for brake pads for the G-102
> >Does anyone out there know where one can find them? The US distributor
> >says they are no longer available.
>
> Same problem here. Another supplier claimed that Tost = Cleveland. I'll
> soon see if the Cleveland 66-106 pad for 500 x 5 wheels is what's needed or
> not.

you might try taking the old shoes (or pads) to a local automotive
brake/clutch
relining shop, they should be able to reline them for probably a lot
less than
you can buy new ones (if they're even available). they should also
have materials choices for higher friction (probably go for as little
metallic content as possible). these wear faster, but for use in a
glider vs. auto the difference in service life would be negligible.

Will Burhen

Stewart Kissel
July 11th 03, 06:45 PM
If you google RAS, JJ and others use a vintage brake shop in Placerville,=
Ca for this sort of stuff IIRC.

Bob Kuykendall
July 11th 03, 10:07 PM
Earlier, Stewart Kissel > wrote:

> If you google RAS, JJ and others use a vintage brake shop in Placerville,=
> Ca for this sort of stuff IIRC.

Actually, Vintage Brake is in Sonora, CA. Their Web site is:

http://www.vintagebrake.com/

Bob K.

Dave Martin
July 11th 03, 11:34 PM
Cleveland design wheels and brakes are made by Parker
Aerospace. Web site

http://www.parker.com/cleveland/products/productsb.html#wheelbrake

This site looks as though it contains all the necessary
information and has a help desk maybe thay can give
you the information you need

Dave Martin

Google