PDA

View Full Version : Re: Silver Badge Fun (?) - real challenges?

Nyal Williams
July 11th 03, 04:45 PM
Location, location, location! A well-known US pilot
had the gold altitude and distance certified when he
had a total of 19hrs gliding time and had not yet
done the 5-hr flight. He is a person for whom I have
enormous respect, a natural, but he still had to have
the location at that stage of the game.

At 06:54 11 July 2003, Bruce Greeff wrote:
>We have a member who's pride demands that he obtain
>at least two
>diamonds in his Zugfogel III (1964 wood and fabric
>17m) before he moves
>up to carbon.
>
>In our weaker winter conditions he has the equivalent
>of an open calss
>ship for small change. doing >300km flights when the
>>rest of us are on
>the ground...
>
>It is cheap, comfortable and climbs like a homesick
>angel. Speeds up to
>120km/h even result in acceptable L/D (best is 37)
>Even starting to
>appreciate in value as her rarity increases.

Google