PDA

View Full Version : Re: Better Boundary Layers - cleaning zig-zagf

Eric Greenwell
July 12th 03, 02:55 AM
In article >,
says...
> Eric,
>
> Can you protect the blowholes from wax with tape over
> them? Same for the zig-zag tape. What if you place
> a long strip of (wing) tape over the zigzag tape (or
> blow holes), wax and polish the wings, and then remove
> the tape. The remaining ridge of wax formed where
> the protective tape was can be buffed out by hand (maybe?)
> I don't know, just guessing, as always.

Sounds good - I'll try it.
--
!Replace DECIMAL.POINT in my e-mail address with just a . to reply
directly

Eric Greenwell
Richland, WA (USA)

Dan Mockler
July 27th 03, 08:42 AM
Use a small wire or drill to clean each blow hole after waxing. I do
mine at the start of each year. Four hundred and tewinty nine per wing.
Lost one per wing due to winglets....

Dan Mockler

Ray Lovinggood wrote:
> Eric,
>
> Can you protect the blowholes from wax with tape over
> them? Same for the zig-zag tape. What if you place
> a long strip of (wing) tape over the zigzag tape (or
> blow holes), wax and polish the wings, and then remove
> the tape. The remaining ridge of wax formed where
> the protective tape was can be buffed out by hand (maybe?)
> I don't know, just guessing, as always.
>
> Ray Lovinggood
> Carrboro, NC, USA
>
> At 20:48 11 July 2003, Eric Greenwell wrote:
>
>>In article ,
>>says...
>>
>>>Yeah but sure they're cool when showing your new glider
>>>to your friends...
>>>:)
>>>I prefer old fashioned zigzag tape. Easier to mantain
>>>and clean.
>>
>>My ASH 26 E has blow holes on the wing and zig-zag
>>on the tail. I can
>>keep the blow holes clean, but when I clean the tail,
>>threads get
>>caught on the zig-zag points, and wax builds up in
>>the zigs. How do
>>you avoid this?
>>--
>>!Replace DECIMAL.POINT in my e-mail address with just
>>a . to reply
>>directly
>>
>>Eric Greenwell
>>Richland, WA (USA)