PDA

View Full Version : Winch tow to 6,076 ft.

FZ[_2_]
January 30th 16, 08:56 PM
On Jan 2nd 2016, using 4,100 meters of line, pilots Dominika Domanska and Ireneusz Boczkowski were winch to 1852 meters. They were flying SZD-54-2 Perkoz, SP-3796 and use 4100 meters of line. The wind on ground was 4.5 m/s.
It took 144 seconds to complete the tow.

Stephen Damon
January 30th 16, 09:09 PM
Great. Where at? Glider Club? Condition? Thank You very much.

Andrzej Kobus
January 30th 16, 10:55 PM
On Saturday, January 30, 2016 at 4:09:52 PM UTC-5, Stephen Damon wrote:
> Great. Where at? Glider Club? Condition? Thank You very much.

http://www.szybowce.com/milowa-wysokosc-holu-za-wyciagarka-bb-aero-w-bialej-podlaskiej/

Try google translator. It might work.

BobW
January 31st 16, 01:21 AM
On 1/30/2016 3:55 PM, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
> On Saturday, January 30, 2016 at 4:09:52 PM UTC-5, Stephen Damon wrote:
>> Great. Where at? Glider Club? Condition? Thank You very much.
>
> http://www.szybowce.com/milowa-wysokosc-holu-za-wyciagarka-bb-aero-w-bialej-podlaskiej/

Try google translator. It might work.

Ah, the fun things we can sometimes do when circumstances and the stars align!
I refer to the winching, not the translating.

I'm pretty sure google translator confirmed what I already suspected,
i.e. that this was done in Poland by Polish pilots. From the pictures, I
gather: a) they were ladies; b) it was cold; and c: it was a day of classic
convective streets, likely unsoarable in a Perkoz. :)

Bob W.

Google