PDA

View Full Version : Nimbus 4DM images

Al
July 17th 03, 05:31 AM
Just posted a squence of a 4DM over head at 800ft making a pass around us
on the ground.

Start here.

http://www.gliderforum.com/photos/show-album.asp?albumid=63&currentpos=1

Enjoy

Al
www.gliderforum.com

David Sieber
July 17th 03, 04:53 PM
"Al" > wrote in message >...
> Just posted a squence of a 4DM over head at 800ft making a pass around us
> on the ground.
>
> Start here.
>
> http://www.gliderforum.com/photos/show-album.asp?albumid=63&currentpos=1
>
> Enjoy
>
> Al
> www.gliderforum.com

Great Photos, very weird optical illusion the right wing looks a lot
shorter than the left even accounting for flex.

D.Sieber

BTIZ
July 17th 03, 11:56 PM
yes that is a good optical illusion... consider the direction of the turn,
the right wing banked down towards you, with the flex, you are looking the
length of the wing, instead of the top of the wing, while the left wing
flexes in the bank and shows you more of the top profile then you would
normally see with a stiff 15m wing.

BT

"David Sieber" > wrote in message
om...
> "Al" > wrote in message
> > Just posted a squence of a 4DM over head at 800ft making a pass around
us
> > on the ground.
> >
> > Start here.
> >
> > http://www.gliderforum.com/photos/show-album.asp?albumid=63&currentpos=1
> >
> > Enjoy
> >
> > Al
> > www.gliderforum.com
>
> Great Photos, very weird optical illusion the right wing looks a lot
> shorter than the left even accounting for flex.
>
> D.Sieber

Bob Kibby
July 18th 03, 03:00 AM
I think Al has been working on those wings with his PW-5 tools!!

I wonder how many pulls it takes him to start his wing altering tool?

Terrific pictures, please keep it up!
Both of my wings are the same length, approximately?

Bob Kibby "2BK

Google