PDA

View Full Version : Jami International Vintage 2003

HN
July 19th 03, 07:23 AM
Hello all

The most dedicated vintage glider pilots are gathering (on the trip or in
the rendez-vous just now) in Jämi Finland to Vintage Glider Club
International Rally, flown during 22nd-31st of July.

In case you couldn't make it for whatever reason, please feel free visit our
web pages

http://www.padasjoenlentokerho.fi/vgc2003

We try to keep the pages as up-to-date as possible, though yours truly tries
to fly himself and outlandings (probably ;)) and uptime may cause some
delays in the processing :) Also setting everything up may cause a bit
lazier updating to begin with.

I wonder, how many did know that soaring was planned to be in 1940 Olympics
and the very place would have been Jämijärvi. Only the II World War caused
the Olympics to be dismissed and in the next Olympic Games soaring wasn't
included any more. We are especially happy that a pair of Olympia Meises are
participating as all pilots were designated to fly with Olympias (that time
World Class?) in the Olympic Games.

If people coming are reading this, we wish you all very heartily welcome!

Apart from flying, we also have very diverse programme including the
Unofficial World Glider Pilot Championships in Winter Finnish Combined
(=curling & cross-country skiing) which are held in the new and shining
skiing tube just in the middle of the Airport area.

regards

Hannu Niemi
Webmaster of Padasjoki Flying Club, Finland

Google