Bob Kuykendall
July 21st 03, 11:47 PM
Earlier, Wiktor Kozlik wrote:

>It looks like two ETAs are going to fly
> during WGC in Leszno... Was the open
> class glider weight limit increased or
> the ETA's weight reduced?

Good question.

I don't know the answer, but I did some digging to
refine the question a bit.

The FAI Sporting Code, Section 3, Annex A, Part 4.2.1
states:

: The following sporting maximum
: take-off masses and limitations
: shall be enforced:
:
: a. Open Class – 750 kg, except that
: two-seater motor-gliders that exceed
: 750 kg may be flown at their actual
: mass but may not carry disposable
: ballast.

So, if these ETA are considered motorgliders, then
they can fly as they are. And, according to this, they
have motors:

http://www.leichtwerk.de/eta/en/data/index.html

Thanks, and best regards to all

Bob K.

Jonathan Gogan
July 23rd 03, 11:01 AM
>from <http://www.leichtwerk.de/eta/en/projectstate/index.html>
March 2001
A new lighter fuselage has been build for the first prototype, reducing the
weight about 38kg. Due to this, the first protoype is able to reach the
maximum weight mass of 850kg for competition flight in single seated flight.

Chz,

ojn.

"Bob Kuykendall" > wrote in message
Earlier, Wiktor Kozlik wrote:

>It looks like two ETAs are going to fly
> during WGC in Leszno... Was the open
> class glider weight limit increased or
> the ETA's weight reduced?

Good question.

I don't know the answer, but I did some digging to
refine the question a bit.

The FAI Sporting Code, Section 3, Annex A, Part 4.2.1
states:

: The following sporting maximum
: take-off masses and limitations
: shall be enforced:
:
: a. Open Class - 750 kg, except that
: two-seater motor-gliders that exceed
: 750 kg may be flown at their actual
: mass but may not carry disposable
: ballast.

So, if these ETA are considered motorgliders, then
they can fly as they are. And, according to this, they
have motors:

http://www.leichtwerk.de/eta/en/data/index.html

Thanks, and best regards to all

Bob K.