PDA

View Full Version : VENTUS 3 in Poland but no LS 10

Michael
July 24th 03, 03:43 AM
Saw a Ventus 3 listed in the 18m class and I am wondering how
it is looking like? In 15m class we will miss the LS 10,
isn't it said?

Cheers
Michael

BTIZ
July 24th 03, 04:37 AM
I thought I heard that DG was going to continue the development of the LS10

"Michael" > wrote in message
om...
> Saw a Ventus 3 listed in the 18m class and I am wondering how
> it is looking like? In 15m class we will miss the LS 10,
> isn't it said?
>
> Cheers
> Michael

Mike Borgelt
July 24th 03, 04:46 AM
On 23 Jul 2003 19:43:59 -0700, (Michael) wrote:

>Saw a Ventus 3 listed in the 18m class and I am wondering how
>it is looking like? In 15m class we will miss the LS 10,
>isn't it said?
>
>Cheers
>Michael

Are you sure that Ventus 3 isn't a misprint. I heard they were going
to call the 2CX the V3 but changed their minds.

Mike Borgelt

Jasper Grannetia
July 24th 03, 09:33 AM
I think the Ventus 3 is actually one of the latest Ventus 2 versions, the x
models. S-H did some refinements on the tailplane and installed new Maughmer
winslets.

Some time ago Aerokurier remarked that maybe S-H should have named it Ventus
3 straight out, to emphasize the improvements. Maybe this is where the
'Ventus 3' designation comes from. Or maybe somebody is trying to trying to
build a psychological advantage? :-)

I believe the LS10 is not yet certified.

CU

Jasper

"Michael" > wrote in message
om...
> Saw a Ventus 3 listed in the 18m class and I am wondering how
> it is looking like? In 15m class we will miss the LS 10,
> isn't it said?
>
> Cheers
> Michael

Jasper Grannetia
July 24th 03, 09:38 AM
Winslets? Must be Freudian, I suppose... :-)

"Jasper Grannetia" > wrote in message
> I think the Ventus 3 is actually one of the latest Ventus 2 versions, the
> models. S-H did some refinements on the tailplane and installed new
Maughmer
> winslets.

> Some time ago Aerokurier remarked that maybe S-H should have named it
Ventus
> 3 straight out, to emphasize the improvements. Maybe this is where the
> 'Ventus 3' designation comes from. Or maybe somebody is trying to trying
> build a psychological advantage? :-)
>
> I believe the LS10 is not yet certified.
>
> CU
>
> Jasper
>
> "Michael" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Saw a Ventus 3 listed in the 18m class and I am wondering how
> > it is looking like? In 15m class we will miss the LS 10,
> > isn't it said?
> >
> > Cheers
> > Michael

Kevin Christner
July 25th 03, 12:44 AM

> Are you sure that Ventus 3 isn't a misprint. I heard they were going
> to call the 2CX the V3 but changed their minds.
>
> Mike Borgelt

More likely a deliberate play to worry other competitors. This kind
of thing has been going on forever. In 1970 the Belgian Henri Stouffs
registered his ship as an "LS1g." The American, and reigning World
Champ, AJ Smith, rightly believed his LS1c was the latest model. He
was heard asking all around about Stouffs ship. Finally, he just
happened to be near Stouffs and asked him directly. Stouffs replied,
"Oh, yes, it is just like your ship, but the airfoil is a little
different, but that can't really make a difference, can it?" Smith
finally realized hed been duped.... but possibly to late, as he didn't
do well at the beginning of the contest.

You will also notice Michael Grund of Germany has registered his ship
with a Ventus "2bxR." Likely trying to do the same thing as the guy
with the Ventus 3.

Kevin

Mike Borgelt
July 25th 03, 01:59 AM
On 24 Jul 2003 16:44:43 -0700, (Kevin Christner)
wrote:

>> Are you sure that Ventus 3 isn't a misprint. I heard they were going
>> to call the 2CX the V3 but changed their minds.
>>
>> Mike Borgelt

>You will also notice Michael Grund of Germany has registered his ship
>with a Ventus "2bxR." Likely trying to do the same thing as the guy
>with the Ventus 3.
>
>Kevin

I had a Mini Nimbus SP once. It did have a different airfoil from the
factory ship - more like the FX67 k series it was designed to have.
Took 14 weeks of weekends and microballoons and epoxy. Climbed and ran
real well. Won the next Aussie Nationals 15m class in it against 3
Ventus A's and numerous other 15 gliders.

Mike Borgelt

Bert Willing
July 25th 03, 07:49 AM
The Ventus 2bxR is a Ventus 2b with modified tailplane and ballistic
recovery system.

Bert

"Kevin Christner" > a écrit dans le message de
om...
> You will also notice Michael Grund of Germany has registered his ship
> with a Ventus "2bxR." Likely trying to do the same thing as the guy
> with the Ventus 3.
>
> Kevin

ventus2ct (Ruud Holswilder)
July 25th 03, 09:02 AM
Several V2CX's competing in 18M class.
For a photo see: http://www.glidingmagazine.com/PhotoGallery/347.jpg

Dave Nadler \YO\
July 26th 03, 01:54 AM
Ventus 2bxr has the glider-recovery chute where the motor would go.
That is the correct mfg designation.
Best Regards, Dave

"Kevin Christner" > wrote in message
om...

> > Are you sure that Ventus 3 isn't a misprint. I heard they were going
> > to call the 2CX the V3 but changed their minds.
> >
> > Mike Borgelt
>

> More likely a deliberate play to worry other competitors. This kind
> of thing has been going on forever. In 1970 the Belgian Henri Stouffs
> registered his ship as an "LS1g." The American, and reigning World
> Champ, AJ Smith, rightly believed his LS1c was the latest model. He
> was heard asking all around about Stouffs ship. Finally, he just
> happened to be near Stouffs and asked him directly. Stouffs replied,
> "Oh, yes, it is just like your ship, but the airfoil is a little
> different, but that can't really make a difference, can it?" Smith
> finally realized hed been duped.... but possibly to late, as he didn't
> do well at the beginning of the contest.
>
> You will also notice Michael Grund of Germany has registered his ship
> with a Ventus "2bxR." Likely trying to do the same thing as the guy
> with the Ventus 3.
>
> Kevin

Google