PDA

View Full Version : LX20 Firmware Problem

Bruce Greeff
July 24th 03, 07:35 AM
I have a LX20 that was running very old firmware. The factory very
helpfully provided me with the firmware upgrade to V5.21.
Installed the firmware and everything appears to be working 100%. Of
course I can't pick up the satelites inside the concrete building I work
in so we will see how it works later.

Ahem - Put LX20 in glider, and get "GPS BAD" on status.

Factory has not responded to my query so the question becomes.
Is this a known problem with older LX20s on new firmware?
Is there something I am doing wrong?
Is there a way to revert to the older firmware to test this? I was on
V3.1 before.

Jasper Grannetia
July 24th 03, 09:36 AM
Hi Bruce,

I switched from 3.1 to 5.11 last year without a hitch. I do remember that
5.2 had some problems, but I didn't look into the matter closely...

Tried another antenna yet?

Good luck!

Jasper

"Bruce Greeff" > wrote in message
> I have a LX20 that was running very old firmware. The factory very
> helpfully provided me with the firmware upgrade to V5.21.
> Installed the firmware and everything appears to be working 100%. Of
> course I can't pick up the satelites inside the concrete building I work
> in so we will see how it works later.
>
> Ahem - Put LX20 in glider, and get "GPS BAD" on status.
>
> Factory has not responded to my query so the question becomes.
> Is this a known problem with older LX20s on new firmware?
> Is there something I am doing wrong?
> Is there a way to revert to the older firmware to test this? I was on
> V3.1 before.

Bruce Greeff
July 24th 03, 10:56 AM
Hi Jasper

The factory came back to me with a procedure to reset the GPS engine.
Aparently on some of the Motorola engines it has difficulty deciding
which engine to select when the EEPROM is initialised. Took two attempts
but the "GPS 2D" indicator is on again. The weekend is looking better
already.

Just a note - I have had excellent service from LX Navigation on the LX20.

They just took two days to come back on this one and I got impatient.

Jasper Grannetia
July 24th 03, 12:03 PM
Good! Nothing worse than a broken LX20 on a sunny day.

CU :-)

Jasper

"Bruce Greeff" > wrote in message
> Hi Jasper
>
> The factory came back to me with a procedure to reset the GPS engine.
> Aparently on some of the Motorola engines it has difficulty deciding
> which engine to select when the EEPROM is initialised. Took two attempts
> but the "GPS 2D" indicator is on again. The weekend is looking better
> already.
>
> Just a note - I have had excellent service from LX Navigation on the LX20.
>
> They just took two days to come back on this one and I got impatient.

Google