PDA

View Full Version : L13 Tailwheel reinforcement

MHende6388
July 25th 03, 06:07 PM
Has anyone ever come up with a way to strenghten the connection of the brace
(tube)connection ahead of the tailwheel where it connects to the underside skin
joint on the fuselauge? Seems very light for all the abuse it may experience
without some reinforcement plate.

If yes, any documentations?

Thanks. Michael

Vaughn Simon
July 25th 03, 07:58 PM
"MHende6388" > wrote in message
> Has anyone ever come up with a way to strenghten the connection of the
brace
> (tube)connection ahead of the tailwheel where it connects to the underside
skin
> joint on the fuselauge? Seems very light for all the abuse it may
experience
> without some reinforcement plate.

Please be gentle if I am wrong about this, but I seem to recall that at
least some L13s originally had tail skids. If that is so, there may be
various tail wheel conversions out there; some presumably better than
others, and some legal and some not.

Vaughn

Vaughn

> If yes, any documentations?