PDA

View Full Version : GPS Visualizer update: now you can "save your work"

Adam Schneider
July 28th 03, 09:26 PM
Another GPS Visualizer update, for the dozen or so of you who care... :)

The big news for late July, 2003:
** You can now SAVE YOUR MODIFICATIONS to maps and profiles. **

Some background info: for months now, you've been able to move labels
and widgets around inside the viewer window... in the case of waypoint
labels, it's especially helpful to be able to do so, as they can get
crowded and overlap. Recently, I also added the ability to fade or
strengthen the background on demand, and to move it around if it
doesn't line up right.

Unfortunately, until now, those changes were only temporary; if you
closed the SVG and came back to it later, all your modifications were
wiped out. But now, you can click a little red disk icon to record
whatever changes you've done... so you can save it to your own hard
drive for posterity. (Once it's on your PC, though, you can't modify
it further; this is an SVG security issue that I can't get around.)

More stuff is planned for the near future (as usual), and I'm always
open to suggestions!

GPS Visualizer's URL: http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/

A summary, for those who've no idea what I'm talking about here:
GPS Visualizer is a free (donations gladly accepted!) web-based program
that takes your GPS data -- in the form of GPX files, IGC files,
OziExplorer files, tab- or comma-delimited text files, Cetus .pdb
files, or Pathaway .pdb files -- and generates nifty maps or profiles
in SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) format.

Adam Schneider
http://adamschneider.net

Google