PDA

View Full Version : ASW-28 and eta in WGC

Ray Lovinggood
July 30th 03, 05:40 PM
I've noticed there are as many eta's in the WGC as
there are ASW-28's: two each.

I can understand why there might be 'only' two eta's,
but why so few 28's?

Any logical reason why the 28's aren't there in masses?
The majority of Standard Class ships are LS-8's, followed
by Discii.

Just curious,

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

Janusz Kesik
July 30th 03, 08:20 PM
Maybe only two ETAs have been produced so far? The second reason may be =
that competitors aren't going to make test flights instead of racing in =
a glider they know as well as theit own pocket.

> I've noticed there are as many eta's in the WGC as
> there are ASW-28's: two each.

Maybe the second reason mentioned in ETA's case applies there?

> I can understand why there might be 'only' two eta's,
> but why so few 28's?

When compared to the LS-8 I think the reason is simply the number of =
produced gliders.

> Any logical reason why the 28's aren't there in masses?
> The majority of Standard Class ships are LS-8's, followed
> by Discii.

Regards,

--=20
Janusz Kesik

visit www.leszno.pl - home of the www.wgc2003.pl

Sebastian Schroeter
August 1st 03, 03:46 PM
Janusz is right, there have been only two eta's built so far (#2 first
flew in April 2002). Unfortunately the project website

http://www.eta-aircraft.de/

doesn't feature a well updated english news section, but some nice pictures.

Ray Lovinggood schrieb:
> I've noticed there are as many eta's in the WGC as
> there are ASW-28's: two each.
>
> I can understand why there might be 'only' two eta's,
> but why so few 28's?
>
> Any logical reason why the 28's aren't there in masses?
> The majority of Standard Class ships are LS-8's, followed
> by Discii.
>
> Just curious,
>
> Ray Lovinggood
> Carrboro, North Carolina, USA