PDA

View Full Version : Re: Satellite pictures for SeeYou

Jim Skydell
July 31st 03, 12:26 AM
David:

Southwest U.S, including CA?!?

David Starer
July 31st 03, 07:01 AM
Jim,

It would be great to cover the entire gliding world!

At the moment I have restricted amounts of web space so I've given priority
to my own area. I hope to extend to other areas later and I'll put a posting
here when I do, so watch this space.

David

"Jim Skydell" > wrote in message

> David:
>
> Southwest U.S, including CA?!?

Hannes Krueger
August 1st 03, 10:04 AM
Well done. These satellite maps are very cool.
They can be used with the openGLIGCexplorer too. (openGLIGCexplorer is
part of GPLIGC - the free igc file analysis and visualization software
for linux,unix,windows).
The latest stable release (1.1) does not support jpegs, but the recent
developement version (cvs) do. Version 1.2 will be released within the
next weeks.

http://pc12-c714.uibk.ac.at/GPLIGC/GPLIGC.php

Screenshots
http://pc12-c714.uibk.ac.at/GPLIGC/screenshots/pic1.jpg
http://pc12-c714.uibk.ac.at/GPLIGC/screenshots/pic2.jpg
http://pc12-c714.uibk.ac.at/GPLIGC/screenshots/pic3.jpg
http://pc12-c714.uibk.ac.at/GPLIGC/screenshots/screenshots.php

David Starer wrote:
> See my web-site for accurately geo-referenced, absolutely free satellite
> pictures of the UK and the Alps for use with SeeYou:
>
> http://www.starer.co.uk
>
> In addition to coverage of these areas, the site includes full instructions
> on how to install the satellite images in SeeYou, as well as the necessary
> map definition files. You have to see SeeYou running in 3D with a satellite
> image draped over the 3D terrain, especially in mountains; it's spectacular!
>
> David Starer

Google