PDA

View Full Version : Need Powerpoint soaring presentation for Kiwanis group (USA)

Eric Greenwell
August 2nd 03, 01:41 AM
I've agreed to make a 20-30 minute presentation to the local Kiwanis
group about soaring. I'm hoping someone has a suitable Powerpoint
presentation they can email me, so I can adapt it to our local
situation without having to start from scratch. That should be a lot
quicker and easier than coming up with the entire presentation myself,
and probably yield a higher quality presentation besides. Soaring
wins, Kiwanis wins, I win, and, of course, I'll give you most of the
credit!

Please contact me at

flyguy26e at charter dot net

Thanks!

--
!Replace DECIMAL.POINT in my e-mail address with just a . to reply
directly

Eric Greenwell
Richland, WA (USA)

Kizuno
August 2nd 03, 05:45 AM
Eric,
Mark Zivley did one for a similar purpose. A search of r.a.s. on Google with
the key word Powerpoint reveals:

http://www.soarmn.com/soaring_files.htm#Presentations

Kemp

John H. Campbell
August 2nd 03, 06:01 AM
>I've agreed to make a 20-30 minute presentation to the local Kiwanis
>group about soaring. I'm hoping someone has a suitable Powerpoint
>presentation they can email me

I've had posted for some time a basic overview (though I admit I keep
meaning to add a slide or two about soaring techniques, training, and
history, which I covered with video and transparencies in the original
presentation):
http://www.greeleynet.com/~jhpc/HYCBAGP.ppt

On the same page, I've got a piece about a high level youth contest
http://www.greeleynet.com/~jhpc/wjgc_kolstad.ppt

The Niche A/V video "Discover Gliders!" (not ...Soaring!) and the IGC video
"Soaring: Your Sport for the new Millenium" say a lot in just a few minutes.

John H. Campbell
SSA Youth Committee

Eric Greenwell
August 3rd 03, 03:42 AM
In article >, snead1
@aol.com says...
> I have written a 20 minute presentation on Racing Sailplanes. It is in
> Microsoft Word format. I do not have any graphics to go with the narrative. I
> would be glad to e-mail it to you if you are interested.

Thanks, Bill, but I'm sure that will be too rarified for the Kiwanis
group, many of whom aren't quite sure what a glider is (despite Bob
Moore's many descriptions), and will need a lot of pictures. Izuno's
and Campbell's pointers have some appropriate material, to which I
will add some of my local pictures, then give it a trial run with one
of the Kiwanis members. If he is still awake and not fidgeting too
much at the end - on to Broadway! Worst case, I get a free lunch.
--
!Replace DECIMAL.POINT in my e-mail address with just a . to reply
directly

Eric Greenwell
Richland, WA (USA)

Eric Greenwell
August 13th 03, 10:21 PM
In article >,
says...
> >I've agreed to make a 20-30 minute presentation to the local Kiwanis
> >group about soaring. I'm hoping someone has a suitable Powerpoint
> >presentation they can email me

Thanks very much to those that offered presentations and suggestions.
I ended up using the Boulder club's presentation, with modifications
to "localize" it to our area, and adding motorglider information. I
followed this brief Powerpoint (PPT) presentation with the "Soaring:
Your Sport for the new Millennium" video from New Zealand (purchased
from the SSA). It's an excellent video that made a great companion for
my somewhat less compelling Powerpoint show.

I'd be happy to share the PPT show with anyone.
--
!Replace DECIMAL.POINT in my e-mail address with just a . to reply
directly

Eric Greenwell
Richland, WA (USA)

Jason Armistead
August 14th 03, 06:36 AM
Eric

I'd be glad to have a copy sent my way.

Jason

Eric Greenwell > wrote in message >...
> In article >,
> says...
> > >I've agreed to make a 20-30 minute presentation to the local Kiwanis
> > >group about soaring. I'm hoping someone has a suitable Powerpoint
> > >presentation they can email me
>
> Thanks very much to those that offered presentations and suggestions.
> I ended up using the Boulder club's presentation, with modifications
> to "localize" it to our area, and adding motorglider information. I
> followed this brief Powerpoint (PPT) presentation with the "Soaring:
> Your Sport for the new Millennium" video from New Zealand (purchased
> from the SSA). It's an excellent video that made a great companion for
> my somewhat less compelling Powerpoint show.
>
> I'd be happy to share the PPT show with anyone.

Albert Gold
August 15th 03, 04:33 PM
Eric,

I'd be grateful to receive a copy of your PPT.

Al

Eric Greenwell wrote:

> In article >,
> says...
> > >I've agreed to make a 20-30 minute presentation to the local Kiwanis
> > >group about soaring. I'm hoping someone has a suitable Powerpoint
> > >presentation they can email me
>
> Thanks very much to those that offered presentations and suggestions.
> I ended up using the Boulder club's presentation, with modifications
> to "localize" it to our area, and adding motorglider information. I
> followed this brief Powerpoint (PPT) presentation with the "Soaring:
> Your Sport for the new Millennium" video from New Zealand (purchased
> from the SSA). It's an excellent video that made a great companion for
> my somewhat less compelling Powerpoint show.
>
> I'd be happy to share the PPT show with anyone.
> --
> !Replace DECIMAL.POINT in my e-mail address with just a . to reply
> directly
>
> Eric Greenwell
> Richland, WA (USA)

Eric Greenwell
August 16th 03, 06:57 PM
I'm posted a copy of my presentation at:

http://webpages.charter.net/engreenwell/CBSA/index.html

Click on the Here link under "Columbia Basin Soaring Association
(CBSA)", or go to it directly at:

http://webpages.charter.net/engreenwell/CBSA/Kiwanis_soaring.ppt

And if anyone produces a new or modified presentation, I'd suggest
announcing it here, so we can continue to improve them and expand the
options available for presentations.

In article >,
says...
> Eric
>
> I'd be glad to have a copy sent my way.
>
> Jason
>
> Eric Greenwell > wrote in message >...
> > In article >,
> > says...
> >
> > Thanks very much to those that offered presentations and suggestions.
> > I ended up using the Boulder club's presentation, with modifications
> > to "localize" it to our area, and adding motorglider information. I
> > followed this brief Powerpoint (PPT) presentation with the "Soaring:
> > Your Sport for the new Millennium" video from New Zealand (purchased
> > from the SSA). It's an excellent video that made a great companion for
> > my somewhat less compelling Powerpoint show.
> >
> > I'd be happy to share the PPT show with anyone.

--
!Replace DECIMAL.POINT in my e-mail address with just a . to reply
directly

Eric Greenwell
Richland, WA (USA)

Eric Greenwell
August 16th 03, 06:58 PM

--
!Replace DECIMAL.POINT in my e-mail address with just a . to reply
directly

Eric Greenwell
Richland, WA (USA)

Google