PDA

View Full Version : Satellite images of convective clouds in USA

Snead1
August 3rd 03, 12:04 AM
I am looking for satellite images of convective clouds on an almost real time
basis. I am interested in West Texas. The best I have found so far are from
NOAA. I have been looking at the GOES EAST EASTERN US VISUAL. I have not been
able to zoom in. Any help would be appreciated.

Bill Snead
6W

Marry Daniel or David Grah
August 3rd 03, 04:43 AM
This site comes close:

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/satellite/1km/satmap.html

There likely is a page somewhere that covers further east. The 1 km
resolution images are great!

"Snead1" > wrote in message
> I am looking for satellite images of convective clouds on an almost real
time
> basis. I am interested in West Texas. The best I have found so far are
from
> NOAA. I have been looking at the GOES EAST EASTERN US VISUAL. I have not
been
> able to zoom in. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Bill Snead
> 6W

Mark Navarre
August 3rd 03, 04:51 AM

>I am looking for satellite images of convective clouds on an almost real
>time
>basis. I am interested in West Texas. The best I have found so far are from
>NOAA. I have been looking at the GOES EAST EASTERN US VISUAL. I have not
>been
>able to zoom in. Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Bill Snead
>6W

http://www.ghcc.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/goeseastconus.html

Interactive GOES 12 image site with zoom and animation capability. Best I've
seen, wish I could find the same info for GOES 10 images for southwestern USA.

-
Mark Navarre
ASW-20 OD
California, USA
-

Mark Navarre
August 3rd 03, 05:39 AM
>http://www.ghcc.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/goeseastconus.html
>
>Interactive GOES 12 image site with zoom and animation capability. Best I've
>seen, wish I could find the same info for GOES 10 images for southwestern
>USA.

Silly me, I clicked on my own link and found GOES 10 info linked at the top of
the page....Eureka! Eastern and Western USA animated 1km satellite images on
one website!

-
Mark Navarre
ASW-20 OD
California, USA
-

Chip Fitzpatrick
August 3rd 03, 09:50 PM
A great site for weather including satellite images is from the Unisys
weather site.

http://weather.unisys.com/satellite/index.html

Chip Fitzpatrick

Snead1