PDA

View Full Version : SZD-55 Wheel Brake Adjustment

WDM
August 3rd 03, 05:05 PM
Need input on wheel brake adjustment for an SZD-55. The wheel brake is
strong, but comes on too soon when opening spoilers. I would like to delay
the brake activation some. The cable adjuster at the wheel is already backed
all the way out. Do I increase the disk spacing from pads on the wheel
assembly by adjustment at the hub first then adjust cable? Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Wells Morse

**remove "55" from email return address**

Larry Goddard
August 4th 03, 04:43 AM
I'm pretty sure you need to go the other way with it.... If it is a standard
cable type affair.

Regards,

Larry
"01" USA

WDM wrote:

> Need input on wheel brake adjustment for an SZD-55. The wheel brake is
> strong, but comes on too soon when opening spoilers. I would like to delay
> the brake activation some. The cable adjuster at the wheel is already backed
> all the way out. Do I increase the disk spacing from pads on the wheel
> assembly by adjustment at the hub first then adjust cable? Any help would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance, Wells Morse
>
> **remove "55" from email return address**

IVO
January 20th 11, 09:25 AM
hy,
I have the same problem with brake on my szd-55-1.
When I pull the air brake to half position, the weel brake too much.
Is possibile modificate the system or something?
My be replace with disc brake TOST?
By
Ivo from croatia

Google