PDA

View Full Version : Re: Sunglasses (was Cambridge...)

John Cochrane
August 7th 03, 07:48 PM
Suntigers, both polarized and not, are available at suntiger.com. I use the
polarized ones and turn my head a bit to look at the 302 averager. No
problems with the canopy on any sailplanes I've flown so far (Discus and ASW
27)

John Cochrane
BB

Steve Barber
August 8th 03, 01:07 PM
Can I add another little point from the UK? In our
magazine 'Sailplane and Gliding' a couple of months
ago, I read that polarising lenses are not recommended.
Apart from the problems already mentioned (canopy
stresses, LCD readability etc), apparently polarising
glasses also eliminate wing glint (so you don't see
that other glider so soon) and wires (UK pilots get
to do field landings quite often, thanks to the weak
soaring conditions we often have)

Bert Willing
August 8th 03, 05:25 PM
Because light reflected from metallic surfaces is polarized by definition .

--
Bert Willing

ASW20 "TW"

"Todd Pattist" > a écrit dans le message de
> Steve Barber >
> wrote:
>

> I don't see why polarizers would hurt wire visibility. In
> any event, I can never see wires, so I look for poles and
> towers.
>
> Todd Pattist - "WH" Ventus C
> (Remove DONTSPAMME from address to email reply.)

Google