PDA

View Full Version : Commercial - flyWithCE Software

Kevin Christner
August 7th 03, 10:47 PM
Hi All,
I'm pleased to announce Wings and Wheels has been named as the US
Distributor for flyWithCE. I, through my entity 'Sailplane Navigation
Solutions,' will be doing setup and support for the software.

First, for those of you who don't know me, I am a 17 year old Private
Pilot Glider with excellent technical/computer skills. It's my mission
to help you spend less time on the ground fooling around with
computers and more time in the air flying.

Now, let me tell you about what flyWithCE offers. Currently, two
programs are available. They are Downloader and Navigator. Both run on
most newer PocketPC systems. Both of these programs can be downloaded
at the flyWithCE website, www.flywithce.com.

I really feel downloader is a "must have" for anyone with an Colibri,
LX20, DX50, LX5000, LX7000, or LX7000pro. It's primary feature is to
download your .igc flight logs from the instrument. In addition, you
can use it to upload and download waypoint files and change the pilot
information on the instrument. It costs around $45 depending on the
exchange rate, and if you already have an iPaq you can buy a
registration key at https://secure.shareit.com/shareit/checkout.html?productid=182639&language=English.
If you don't have an iPaq, and would like the program pre-installed on
a used unit, we have some black and white units that would be perfect
for just downloader for only $150. So, for about $200, you could have
a complete system. Just ask yourself, whats easier to take to the
airport, a small iPaq or a large laptop?

The second program is Navigator, which is similar to Winpilot or Glide
Navigator II without alot of the 'extras' you would probably never
use. It costs around $145 depending on the exchange rate, and you can
purchase a registration key at
https://secure.shareit.com/shareit/checkout.html?productid=182634&language=English
We have several options to send NMEA GPS data to the iPaq. First, if
you are flying with a Colibri, LX20, DX50, LX5000, LX7000, or
LX7000pro, we have cables that will provide both power and data to the
ipaq from these instruments for only $120. If you are flying with
something else, you can aquire a cable on your own (or make one), or
purchase a GPS Mouse, which is only $165. This is a small GPS antenna
and engine all in one that hooks into the ipaq to provide both NMEA
data and power. It uses a cigarette lighter power adapter, that you
could install in your panel. It will also work in your car. The
question to ask yourself is, why would I buy a cable from someone else
for $200 when I could have a whole GPS that will also work in your
car, boat, or golf cart ;) for only $149. Finally, if you are looking
for a secure IGC recorder, the Colibri is an exellent choice and is
available for only $895.

We have used iPaqs, cables, GPS Mice, ect., everything you need, in
stock. For more info, visit the flyWithCE page at www.flywithce.com,
the Wings and Wheels page (www.wingsandwheels.com), or the my page,
www.wingsandwheels.com/sns (note, for current prices on hardware,
check the main wings and wheels site).

A little more about the services I offer. I will set up your iPaq with
the software and custom databases. I can make airport databases (from
the FAA database) for a certain NM radius around an airport, can
create polar files for your glider, can do airspace databases, ect.
You can find out more about my services on my webpage.

I hope to hear from you soon. If you have any questions feel free to
contact me. My e-mail is

Thanks
Kevin Christner

Kevin Christner
August 7th 03, 10:54 PM
On 7 Aug 2003 14:47:31 -0700, (Kevin Christner)
wrote:

One small correction, the price of the GPS Mouse is $165, which was
correct the first time in my post, but wrong the second time.

Thanks,
Kevin

Google