PDA

View Full Version : Re: FAA "Ramp Check"

Delta_Whiskey
August 10th 03, 09:31 PM
Yes, approximately one and a half years ago FAA personnel from the Dulles
FSDO visited our Club operation at Front Royal, VA. Two of our members and
their privately owned sailpalnes were ramp checked. The inspection was very
cordial and we encountered no particular difficulties. In addition to the
normal papers required in the aircraft, our members were prepared to present
the letter of exemption to the requirement for external data plate.
That's about all there was to it.

Dave Weaver

"Nolaminar" > wrote in message
> Has anyone ever experienced an FAA Ramp Check when involved with soaring?
> Any such experience at a meet or competiotion.
> Bob Gaines
> USA

ZASoars
August 11th 03, 03:05 AM
I had a FAA inspector ask for my paperwork (glider + personal documents) at a
15m contest a couple of years ago . No problem .
Ron (ZA)

Google