PDA

View Full Version : Re: Biting the (weather) hand that feeds

Hank Nixon
August 12th 03, 01:32 PM
Jack > wrote in message et>...
> PS: I can't resist adding that the Uvalde pilot was, to the best of my
> knowledge, _not_ a BLIPMAP user since noone has registered under that
> name and I have not received an email, a user survey, or a DrJack forum
> posting from that individual. As I stated, I think BLIPMAP users are
> aware, supportive, and appreciative of FSL efforts which benefit soaring
> pilots, efforts which go beyond those of a typical research facility.

Sadly this is another example of one person's gift becoming another
person's expectation.
Dr Jack has done yeoman service in pioneering a tremendous level of
near real time soaring information. This, as he mentions, uses similar
efforts by others.
I thank Jack and all the others and hope we can continue to benefit
from his pioneering efforts.
WELL DONE AND THANKS!
UH

Kilo Charlie
August 13th 03, 12:57 AM
Dr. Jack-

The soaring community including sailplanes and hang gliders is a small one
and it is too bad that there are a few bad apples. I would like to think
that this was a misunderstanding by that person and that maybe he feels some
remorse after reading your post (I hope that he did so anyway).

Your site as well as the FSL site and others that are basically unpaid
services for us are immeasurably important to all of us and we should be
extremely grateful for all that you have done. I would like to add to UH's
post, thanks from the Arizona Soaring Association for everything that you
have done and I appreciate the educational part as much as anything!

Casey Lenox
KC
Phoenix

Jim Phoenix
August 13th 03, 02:55 AM
Personally, I believe that if you use Dr. Jack's resources, you should
seriously considering contributing to their upkeep and development. maybe
only $5, the amount does not matter.

I also believe that if your club has a link on its web page to a Dr. Jack
resource - such as a Blipsite - your club should consider contributing a
nominal amount to Dr. Jack to help insure the continued existance of this
tool.

Jim

Google