PDA

View Full Version : SSA Convention

WAVEGURU
February 16th 16, 02:46 PM
I'm not going to the convention this year but our former operator and airport manager, Roy Coulliette will be there. I would love some calls with any feedback on lectures and discussions and a FaceTime call from the display floor would be fantastic. Feel free to include me if you want.

Gary Boggs
692-284-9977

February 16th 16, 05:39 PM
On Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 9:46:58 AM UTC-5, Waveguru wrote:
> I'm not going to the convention this year but our former operator and airport manager, Roy Coulliette will be there. I would love some calls with any feedback on lectures and discussions and a FaceTime call from the display floor would be fantastic. Feel free to include me if you want.
>
> Gary Boggs
> 692-284-9977

Roy was my initial glider instructor when I began learning to fly. That was in 1981.

As requested - Feedback: He was a great instructor!

Ray

Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas
February 18th 16, 11:46 AM
I'm having a wonderful time, seeing old friends and meeting new ones. It's about the people of soaring, for me. The Carolina Soaring hosts are terrific. Genuine southern hospitality (and you can enjoy shrimp and grits for supper every night!)

Chris Snyder
February 18th 16, 02:26 PM
On Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 9:46:58 AM UTC-5, Waveguru wrote:
> I'm not going to the convention this year but our former operator and airport manager, Roy Coulliette will be there. I would love some calls with any feedback on lectures and discussions and a FaceTime call from the display floor would be fantastic. Feel free to include me if you want.
>
> Gary Boggs
> 692-284-9977

I was hoping for the same sort of virtual experience. Perhaps someone who is attending could Periscope (https://www.periscope.tv/) the convention expo? If so, please post your username so others can be notified when you are online.

Chris Snyder
Merlin Soaring Assoc.

WAVEGURU
February 18th 16, 08:56 PM
Love the feedback! Keep it coming please.

Boggs

SF
February 18th 16, 11:08 PM
Feedback. Move in day was a long one. 8:00 am to 8:00pm. The hall is really big. Walk it 4,000 times getting everyone in their spot, and it gits bigger. Should have put a golf cart in my contract.

Got everyone where they should be more or less. Almost every booth sold and every glider spot is full.

SF

SF
February 18th 16, 11:22 PM
Convention day one. Wow, does this thing look neat. 24 gliders on the floor, 2 hang gliders (one of those with an electric motor), 1 glider hangar, three Cobra trailers, 12 rv's. All the instruments you could ever want. Books galore, t-shirts abound.

Great speaker sessions, today and more to come tomorrow, and saturday.

We under estimated the number of parachutes to be repacked by a long shot. We could have kept three riggers busy today.

The glider rides that we did today, went well. We don't usually fly off of this airport. The flight path over Downtown is especially cool. We don't usually fly over here because of the low airspace shelf on top.

We closed up at 5:00 and no one wanted th leave.

February 19th 16, 02:37 AM
On Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 9:39:49 AM UTC-8, wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 9:46:58 AM UTC-5, Waveguru wrote:
> > I'm not going to the convention this year but our former operator and airport manager, Roy Coulliette will be there. I would love some calls with any feedback on lectures and discussions and a FaceTime call from the display floor would be fantastic. Feel free to include me if you want.
> >
> > Gary Boggs
> > 692-284-9977
>
> Roy was my initial glider instructor when I began learning to fly. That was in 1981.

Also flew with Roy Coulliette in 1968 at Chandler Airport, Arizona. He operated out of his pickup truck as I remember. Tom Hubbard VN
>
> As requested - Feedback: He was a great instructor!
>
> Ray

Google