PDA

View Full Version : Re: SSA Convention 2016 - Weather Presentation - Walt Rogers

WaltWX[_2_]
February 22nd 16, 01:44 PM
I updated the SSA.org "News" item under Member Resources -> Weather to fix broken links.

It now contains same information included here.

Walt Rogers

WaltWX[_2_]
February 22nd 16, 01:47 PM
Oh yes... one more thing. The ESRL NOAA Interactive Skew-T now has a new beta which I haven't reviewed yet. It was updated the night I left for the convention. Bill Moniner, the developer of the app, has updated the html5 app to include some new features (parcel analysis by customizing T, Td), more panels for accumulating soundings and fixes for other things. My inquiries about the program encourage the staff to make these changes.

Walt Rogers

WaltWX[_2_]
February 25th 16, 06:55 AM
The new ESRL NOAA Interactive Skew-T is now running in production at:

http://rucsoundings.noaa.gov/

You can read the announcement here:

http://ruc.noaa.gov/forum/f2/Welcome.cgi/read/2460

and change details here:

http://rucsoundings.noaa.gov/gwt/change_details.html

No real significant change in functionality from the old version which is explained in my demo video.

Walter Rogers WX

Dan Marotta
February 25th 16, 04:37 PM
Hey Walt,

I downloaded and installed Bufkit and now my head is near exploding. So
much to learn and so little time before the season starts in earnest.
Thanks for pointing it out.

Dan

--
Dan, 5J