PDA

View Full Version : OLC flight detailss default to not showing comments

JS
February 26th 16, 05:35 AM
In recent days OLC changed what you initially see in flight details to not include comments. Comments must be opened with the down arrow to the right of "Comment" for each flight.
Consistent in Firefox, Opera, Chrome and Internet Exploder on Windows. Also Chrome, Firefox and Safari on Mac.
Seems an odd change to make.
Jim

joesimmers[_2_]
February 26th 16, 11:50 AM
I noticed that also, I clicked on a flight that had a comment, when I went to the details page there was no comment displayed.

Now requires an extra step to view the comments.

I hope they change it back so comments are displayed by default.

February 27th 16, 03:12 AM
Would be cool if they allowed comment threads. If limited to logged in users who have flown "recently" the chatter wold likely be civil. :-)

5Z

On Friday, February 26, 2016 at 3:50:39 AM UTC-8, joesimmers wrote:
> I noticed that also, I clicked on a flight that had a comment, when I went to the details page there was no comment displayed.
>
> Now requires an extra step to view the comments.
>
> I hope they change it back so comments are displayed by default.

WAVEGURU
February 27th 16, 04:14 AM
Yes. I offer wish I could comment on others flight on OLC.

Boggs

February 27th 16, 06:57 AM
This is possible on https://skylines.aero/ and perhaps others too.

February 27th 16, 09:37 AM
While the alternative sites tend to have more and better features, especially for viewing a flight, like it or not, OLC is *the* place to go to compete. And what's a competition without the evening banter and hangar talk?

5Z

> This is possible on https://skylines.aero/ and perhaps others too.

JS
February 27th 16, 05:07 PM
Back to the original observation...
This is not the case if there is a comment from OLC-Team. Clicking on one of those flights (normally greyed-out if you're in "Daily Score", but not if you're in "All Flights" of a soaring site) opens the flight with comments.
Jim

Google