PDA

View Full Version : TOPMETEO support ??

February 28th 16, 01:45 PM
I have logged in on the demo opportunity , I get the your linked to topmeteo window but that's it. It's like jammed up won't go anywhere.
What can I do Is there someone from TopMeteo or See You that can help?? Maybe if I could start over it might work??
Thanks
Glenn

smfidler
February 28th 16, 02:34 PM
Its all free!!! ;-)

Dan Daly[_2_]
February 28th 16, 04:08 PM
On Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 9:34:57 AM UTC-5, smfidler wrote:
> Its all free!!! ;-)

Have you added your settings - time zone, locations, selected start page (soaring charts) under "my account"? You have to tell it something in order for it to display something.

Then, under "my weather" / "configure my weather" add detail. There is "instructions and help" link on the right side.

Then, under "soaring" there is a "briefing how-to" link.

This is all under the topmeteo link, not in SeeYou.

February 28th 16, 04:59 PM
Thanks Dan, but it's like locked up & in Europe, I get a window that says I'm linked in on my SeeYou map, download data automatically Europe, Africa & usa but it won't do anything. When I log in on the Topmeteo home page I have a weather chart but it in Europe, can't find any usa charts??
Thanks for the help
Glenn

On Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 11:08:54 AM UTC-5, Dan Daly wrote:
> On Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 9:34:57 AM UTC-5, smfidler wrote:
> > Its all free!!! ;-)
>
> Have you added your settings - time zone, locations, selected start page (soaring charts) under "my account"? You have to tell it something in order for it to display something.
>
> Then, under "my weather" / "configure my weather" add detail. There is "instructions and help" link on the right side.
>
> Then, under "soaring" there is a "briefing how-to" link.
>
> This is all under the topmeteo link, not in SeeYou.

Dan Daly[_2_]
February 28th 16, 05:47 PM
On Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 8:45:18 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> I have logged in on the demo opportunity , I get the your linked to topmeteo window but that's it. It's like jammed up won't go anywhere.
> What can I do Is there someone from TopMeteo or See You that can help?? Maybe if I could start over it might work??
> Thanks
> Glenn

Have you registered on the site?

C2
February 28th 16, 08:08 PM
I'm having the same experience as the op. Very frustrating.it worked on seeyou for one day. Now nada.

February 29th 16, 01:14 AM
thank you for your registration. I have found your account in our Europe database (topmeteo.EU). Please register under http://topmeteo.COM, this is our US site.

I got help from Topmeteo, looks like I registered on the .EUROPE site. That make senses to me now.
Thanks for the help.
Glen

On Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 8:45:18 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> I have logged in on the demo opportunity , I get the your linked to topmeteo window but that's it. It's like jammed up won't go anywhere.
> What can I do Is there someone from TopMeteo or See You that can help?? Maybe if I could start over it might work??
> Thanks
> Glenn

2G
February 29th 16, 04:43 AM
On Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 5:14:41 PM UTC-8, wrote:
> thank you for your registration. I have found your account in our Europe database (topmeteo.EU). Please register under http://topmeteo.COM, this is our US site.
>
> I got help from Topmeteo, looks like I registered on the .EUROPE site. That make senses to me now.
> Thanks for the help.
> Glen
>

> On Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 8:45:18 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> > I have logged in on the demo opportunity , I get the your linked to topmeteo window but that's it. It's like jammed up won't go anywhere.
> > What can I do Is there someone from TopMeteo or See You that can help?? Maybe if I could start over it might work??
> > Thanks
> > Glenn

I registered at topmeteo.com, but never got the confirming email. When I try to register again it tells me that email address is already in use.
What gives???

LongJourney
February 29th 16, 05:36 AM
On Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 8:34:57 AM UTC-6, smfidler wrote:
> Its all free!!! ;-)

Their website says it's $99/yr. Am I missing something?

Jeff

February 29th 16, 12:15 PM
2G, try to do it again with a different email & password

Jeff, its a free trial to see if you like it.
C-SSAUSA-2016-2016 ENTER THIS CODE

On Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 8:45:18 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> I have logged in on the demo opportunity , I get the your linked to topmeteo window but that's it. It's like jammed up won't go anywhere.
> What can I do Is there someone from TopMeteo or See You that can help?? Maybe if I could start over it might work??
> Thanks
> Glenn

smfidler
February 29th 16, 04:22 PM
I was just kidding. Free trial, you get the FREE support. Sounds like they have support which is better than XCSkies at times.

I think TopMeteo for the USA is ok. Played with it a bit this week. Still needs a bit of work in North America for that price.

I'll probably wait for 2.0

2G
March 2nd 16, 12:30 AM
On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 4:15:23 AM UTC-8, wrote:
> 2G, try to do it again with a different email & password
>
> Jeff, its a free trial to see if you like it.
> C-SSAUSA-2016-2016 ENTER THIS CODE
>

> On Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 8:45:18 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> > I have logged in on the demo opportunity , I get the your linked to topmeteo window but that's it. It's like jammed up won't go anywhere.
> > What can I do Is there someone from TopMeteo or See You that can help?? Maybe if I could start over it might work??
> > Thanks
> > Glenn

Well, the good news is your suggestion worked.

The bad news is that most of the forecast products are not available under the trial license. It would be wiser to open everything up to evaluate IMHO.

Tom

March 2nd 16, 01:07 PM
On Tuesday, March 1, 2016 at 5:30:38 PM UTC-7, 2G wrote:
> On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 4:15:23 AM UTC-8, wrote:
> > 2G, try to do it again with a different email & password
> >
> > Jeff, its a free trial to see if you like it.
> > C-SSAUSA-2016-2016 ENTER THIS CODE
> >

> > On Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 8:45:18 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> > > I have logged in on the demo opportunity , I get the your linked to topmeteo window but that's it. It's like jammed up won't go anywhere.
> > > What can I do Is there someone from TopMeteo or See You that can help?? Maybe if I could start over it might work??
> > > Thanks
> > > Glenn
>
> Well, the good news is your suggestion worked.
>
> The bad news is that most of the forecast products are not available under the trial license. It would be wiser to open everything up to evaluate IMHO.
>
> Tom

Tom,
What products are not available during the free trial period?
Tom Boise< ID

2G
March 6th 16, 02:33 AM
On Wednesday, March 2, 2016 at 5:07:33 AM UTC-8, wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 1, 2016 at 5:30:38 PM UTC-7, 2G wrote:
> > On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 4:15:23 AM UTC-8, wrote:
> > > 2G, try to do it again with a different email & password
> > >
> > > Jeff, its a free trial to see if you like it.
> > > C-SSAUSA-2016-2016 ENTER THIS CODE

> > Well, the good news is your suggestion worked.
> >
> > The bad news is that most of the forecast products are not available under the trial license. It would be wiser to open everything up to evaluate IMHO.
> >
> > Tom
>
> Tom,
> What products are not available during the free trial period?
> Tom Boise< ID

It's easier to list what IS available:

Winds @ 3500 ft
Visible satellite
Site forecast at a worthless location

Basically, next to nothing.

Tom

Dan Daly[_2_]
March 6th 16, 02:57 AM
> > > Well, the good news is your suggestion worked.
> > >
> > > The bad news is that most of the forecast products are not available under the trial license. It would be wiser to open everything up to evaluate IMHO.
> > >
> > > Tom
> >
> > Tom,
> > What products are not available during the free trial period?
> > Tom Boise< ID
>
> It's easier to list what IS available:
>
> Winds @ 3500 ft
> Visible satellite
> Site forecast at a worthless location
>
> Basically, next to nothing.
>
> Tom

I have everything - I input 3 locations (home airport, Ridge Soaring, Seminole Lake, to play with it (snow on the ground where I am)). All charts/winds/Possible flight distance, thermals, clouds, etc. are available.

Have you set up "my start page" "my locations" in "my account"? Have you edited "my weather" (set up "site forecast", "sat", "charts")? If you don't tell it what you want, it won't give it to you. Some up-front work deciding what you want (from a formidable selection) is necessary (if you select everything, it is pretty busy).

http://topmeteo.com/my/weather!uwe_help gives a step-by-step description of what to do, and in what order.

Bill T
March 6th 16, 03:08 AM
I just updated my SeeYou to Ver 8 and saw all the Topmeto connections, went to their website and looked around.
Is the data and connection reliable?

Is it worth the $fee$ ?
Glad I have not updated XCSkies in the last two years.
BillT

March 6th 16, 03:26 PM
On Saturday, March 5, 2016 at 9:08:15 PM UTC-6, Bill T wrote:
> I just updated my SeeYou to Ver 8 and saw all the Topmeto connections, went to their website and looked around.
> Is the data and connection reliable?
>
> Is it worth the $fee$ ?
> Glad I have not updated XCSkies in the last two years.
> BillT

TopMeteo is OK but SeeYou with TopMeteo is a mess. I just upgraded to version 8.05, the fifth update since they introduced this product at the Convention. It still halts and does not show PFD and other parameters in the 'Task' window. Let's hope they can resolve this all. Methinks the cooperation was announced before they had it all figured out.
Herb

2G
March 7th 16, 02:51 AM
On Saturday, March 5, 2016 at 6:58:00 PM UTC-8, Dan Daly wrote:

> > > Tom,
> > > What products are not available during the free trial period?
> > > Tom Boise< ID
> >
> > It's easier to list what IS available:
> >
> > Winds @ 3500 ft
> > Visible satellite
> > Site forecast at a worthless location
> >
> > Basically, next to nothing.
> >
> > Tom
>
> I have everything - I input 3 locations (home airport, Ridge Soaring, Seminole Lake, to play with it (snow on the ground where I am)). All charts/winds/Possible flight distance, thermals, clouds, etc. are available.
>
> Have you set up "my start page" "my locations" in "my account"? Have you edited "my weather" (set up "site forecast", "sat", "charts")? If you don't tell it what you want, it won't give it to you. Some up-front work deciding what you want (from a formidable selection) is necessary (if you select everything, it is pretty busy).
>
> http://topmeteo.com/my/weather!uwe_help gives a step-by-step description of what to do, and in what order.

Yes, I have done all that. When I try to update my start page I get:

Your start page was successfully updated

Sorry, you don't have a valid subscription for the selected forecastregion.
We will only show you a forecast for a pre-selected location!

Dan Daly[_2_]
March 7th 16, 01:02 PM
On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 9:51:32 PM UTC-5, 2G wrote:

> > > It's easier to list what IS available:
> > >
> > > Winds @ 3500 ft
> > > Visible satellite
> > > Site forecast at a worthless location
> > >
> > > Basically, next to nothing.
> > >
> > > Tom
> >
> > I have everything - I input 3 locations (home airport, Ridge Soaring, Seminole Lake, to play with it (snow on the ground where I am)). All charts/winds/Possible flight distance, thermals, clouds, etc. are available.
> >
> > Have you set up "my start page" "my locations" in "my account"? Have you edited "my weather" (set up "site forecast", "sat", "charts")? If you don't tell it what you want, it won't give it to you. Some up-front work deciding what you want (from a formidable selection) is necessary (if you select everything, it is pretty busy).
> >
> > http://topmeteo.com/my/weather!uwe_help gives a step-by-step description of what to do, and in what order.
>
> Yes, I have done all that. When I try to update my start page I get:
>
> Your start page was successfully updated
>

> Sorry, you don't have a valid subscription for the selected forecastregion.

2G
March 8th 16, 04:04 AM
On Monday, March 7, 2016 at 5:02:05 AM UTC-8, Dan Daly wrote:

> > > I have everything - I input 3 locations (home airport, Ridge Soaring, Seminole Lake, to play with it (snow on the ground where I am)). All charts/winds/Possible flight distance, thermals, clouds, etc. are available.
> > >
> > > Have you set up "my start page" "my locations" in "my account"? Have you edited "my weather" (set up "site forecast", "sat", "charts")? If you don't tell it what you want, it won't give it to you. Some up-front work deciding what you want (from a formidable selection) is necessary (if you select everything, it is pretty busy).
> > >
> > > http://topmeteo.com/my/weather!uwe_help gives a step-by-step description of what to do, and in what order.
> >
> > Yes, I have done all that. When I try to update my start page I get:
> >
> > Your start page was successfully updated
> >

> > Sorry, you don't have a valid subscription for the selected forecastregion.
> > We will only show you a forecast for a pre-selected location!
>
> Are you using topmeteo.eu or topmeteo.com (this is the US one)? An earlier post said they had this problem...

topmeteo.com

son_of_flubber
March 9th 16, 02:58 AM
Does Top Meteo require Java?

I can display an interesting chart for the USA Region, but I see no controls for zooming. I'm on a Chromebook which does not support Java.

WaltWX[_2_]
March 9th 16, 06:32 PM
On Tuesday, March 8, 2016 at 6:58:06 PM UTC-8, son_of_flubber wrote:
> Does Top Meteo require Java?
>
> I can display an interesting chart for the USA Region, but I see no controls for zooming. I'm on a Chromebook which does not support Java.

Does not require a Java plugin

Walt Rogers WX

WaltWX[_2_]
March 9th 16, 06:37 PM
On Tuesday, March 8, 2016 at 6:58:06 PM UTC-8, son_of_flubber wrote:
> Does Top Meteo require Java?
>
> I can display an interesting chart for the USA Region, but I see no controls for zooming. I'm on a Chromebook which does not support Java.

TopMeteo charts are selectable by regions including entire U.S. CONUS and are not zoomable.

It takes a little time to browse around and get used to the the UI. Under the charts section one can animate all the hours, stop start... and easily select other charts or one of the six forecast days. Make sure you spend some time configuring your own "My Stations" in order to see tables of hourly parameters for any point.

Very different UI than we've been accustomed to with XCSkies or DrJack.

Lots of information there just accessible in a different way.

Walt Rogers WX

Google