PDA

View Full Version : Lx9070 V80 and Butterfly electronic and pnuemantic compensation

Jonathan St. Cloud
April 30th 16, 01:08 AM
I am flying an ASG 29 Es and was wondering if anyone flying an ASG 29-18 had fly these variometers configured to use electronic compensation and is so what is the percentage you use. I could do my own testing but right now I am not able to dedicate the time and I need to achieve the best result possible. If you could share your settings please send me the information?

Kind regards,

Jonathan St. Cloud
May 5th 16, 05:16 PM
No one has any suggestions?

May 5th 16, 06:47 PM
On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 12:16:53 PM UTC-4, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
> No one has any suggestions?

Settings are specific to your sailplane only. Not everyone may have the same pitot/static source and performance as you. Have you tested (individually) your factory pitot and static sources for leaks? Are you mixing mechanical and electronic varios on the same pitot/static source?

There's no "magic" here -- it should not take you more than 5 minutes per electronic vario to find suitable compensation settings on an early morning test flight.

Google